Directions, Scorecard, Map, etc.....

Postby Jay » Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:30 am

Paulding County: http://www.paulding.gov/living/facilities.asp

Address:
White Oak Park
298 Mustang Dr
Dallas, GA 30157

GPS: lat: long: N 33* 52.904 W 84* 50.039

Plan Route to the Course: http://www.mapquest.com/maps?form=direc ... -84.824885

Scorecard: (watch for update):

Map of course (with hole length): http://www.discgolfatlanta.com/courses/ ... ak_map.jpg

Pictures Holes 1-18:

Hi-Def Video: Holes 1-18:

PDGA Course Description:

Disc Golf Review:
Jay

....and on the eighth day, God created the U.S. Marines!
Jay
Star Plastic

DIRECTIONS

Postby Mike D » Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:46 am

From I-75

I-75 North to exit #269 (Barrett Pkwy)
Left off exit proceed back under the interstate and stay on Barret Pkwy till you hit Dallas Hwy (Hwy 120)
(You will cross over Hwy 41 & keep going)

Right onto Dallas Hwy / Hwy 120, (There will be a Wendy's & Publix on your right). Stay on Dallas Hwy for about 10 - 15 miles. (past the car dealerships). Your 2nd or 3rd light past the car dealerships will be Thorton Road/Hwy 278.

Turn right onto Thorton Road/Hwy 278 and go about 6 - 8 miles to Hwy 61 South. (Quicktrip & Kroger on your right)
Get in the turn lane and make a left onto Hwy 61 South.

You will proceed about 2 - 3 miles (you will also pass Paulding High School on your left) and make a left onto Mustang Drive. (If you pass the Dollar Store you went to far).

After you turn on Mustang Drive, Make a right into White Oak Park. Take the park road all the way to the back of the property. Course starts by the pavillion on top of the hill past the fishing lake.

From I-20

Take I-20 West (you will pass Six Flags over Georgia) till the Liberty Road/Mirror Lake Blvd exit (exit #26), make a right off the exit onto Liberty Road (also called Mirror Lake Blvd).

Continue on Liberty Road (Mirror Lake Blvd) till it dead ends at a 3-way stop sign.
(you will pass a Publix & McDonalds on your right)

Turn Right at this stop sign onto Hwy 61/Dallas Hwy. You will stay on this road till you come to Mustang Drive.
(Do not get worried - It feels like a long way). Mustang Drive will be on your right after you pass the McDonalds and the
2ND Dollar General Store on Hwy 61 / Dallas Hwy. (You will pass 2 Dollar Stores on the way). Turn right onto Mustang Drive and then make a right into the park.

Take the park road all the way to the back of the property. Course starts at the pavillion on top of the hill past the fishing lake.
Mike D
Champion Plastic

Re: Directions, Scorecard, Map, etc.....

Postby Jay » Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:00 am

Mike passed to me a very nice course map with hole lengths. The link for the White Oak map has been added in the top post.

Thanks Mike!
Jay

....and on the eighth day, God created the U.S. Marines!
Jay
Star Plastic

Postby atl scott » Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:47 am

The baskets for hole 2 are not labeled on the map. Which position is the basket currently in? "A" (the shortest)? Also, hole 12 notes a shorter pad but doesn't show one on the map. (Same for hole 15.) Does one exist? Also, the distances for hole 18 denote a "position B" but only one basket is on the map.
atl scott
Pro Plastic

Postby Mike D » Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:13 pm

atl scott wrote:The baskets for hole 2 are not labeled on the map. Which position is the basket currently in? "A" (the shortest)? Also, hole 12 notes a shorter pad but doesn't show one on the map. (Same for hole 15.) Does one exist? Also, the distances for hole 18 denote a "position B" but only one basket is on the map.

Hole #2 is currently in its shortest "A" position. We have not dug the holes for the other positions yet.

Hole #12 had to be reconfigured due to problems with a park neighbor. The new tee is out next to #17 tee pad. Distance is now 235'.

Hole #15 has a longer tee we were going to use, but the park has nixed it for now. Distance as it is now is 320'.

Hole #18 will have a alternate position straight over the lake then over the hill towards the #18 tee pad. It is not complete yet. but we will get it put in shortly.

Thanks for the questions, hope I have answered them for you.

Later,

Mike D
Mike D
Champion Plastic

Postby grease » Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:31 pm

Mike D wrote:Hole #18 will have a alternate position straight over the lake then over the hill towards the #18 tee pad. It is not complete yet. but we will get it put in shortly.

So, did we waste our time working on the tee pad for the existing 18?
Fart, it's never not funny!
Greg Campbell
www.primoplastic.com
grease

Postby Mike D » Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:18 pm

grease wrote:
Mike D wrote:Hole #18 will have a alternate position straight over the lake then over the hill towards the #18 tee pad. It is not complete yet. but we will get it put in shortly.

So, did we waste our time working on the tee pad for the existing 18?

WHOOPS!! That is for hole 17.

Hole 18 may eventually have anouther position to throw at either more right towards the water, or more to the left towards the pavillion.
Mike D
Champion Plastic

Postby atl scott » Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:03 pm

Also, I played the shorts today and couldn't figure out where to throw from for 17. The flags were laying on the ground so I stuck them in about where they were. Not sure if it's correct.
atl scott
Pro Plastic

Postby BP » Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:09 am

Is this going to be added to the ADGO Disc Course Google Map? I have been pointing people here to find it on the map for the past week +...

Bob
Bob Pressley
PDGA # 42766
http://www.disccaddie.com
Marietta Square
BP
Pro Plastic

Postby jonp » Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:31 am

BP wrote:Is this going to be added to the ADGO Disc Course Google Map? I have been pointing people here to find it on the map for the past week +...

Bob

it's been on the map for a while. updated the description (had said temp course) and added to the list.
Hur man än vänder sig är alltid ändan bak
jonp
Site Admin

Postby chappy » Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:29 pm

Mike...Thorton rd is called Jimmy lee Smith (I think, I know its Jimmy lee, I forgot the last name) At that point on 120.

Not a huge deal, just look for 278.
chappy
DX Plastic

Postby fattyb » Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:46 pm

does anyone know par for each hole yet. Ive been playing like they're all 3 is this correct?
fattyb
Barney

Postby Mike D » Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:09 pm

Par - If you have been playing for awhile, I would continue to count them as all 3's.

If you are a newer player, some of the holes could possibly be considered a par 4.

Now, when we move hole #2 to the long position, It will be a par 4 for sure.

Hope you are enjoying the course!

Later,

Mike D
Mike D
Champion Plastic

Postby Nastee99 » Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:04 pm

Looks lika a swaggy park!! I think I will have to get out there in the upcoming weeks!

Shoolinator-
Dustin
Nastee99
Barney

Postby DaltonDiscMan » Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:41 am

Plannin' on goin to the oak on Saturday (03/12/11). Are the short tee pads marked? I haven't been to the course in 6-8 months but when I was there last, I could only make out the long pads. Typically, I would love the longs but this will be my first time back out since July so I am going to be very rusty.

Thanks for any and all help!!
DaltonDiscMan
DX Plastic

Postby Mike D » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:32 pm

Short tees are really not marked anymore. You can probably still find them on hole #3 and #6 but the rest are gone.

I would just make up your own tees and have a good time.

May still be wet as the lake was overflowing today.
Mike D
Champion Plastic

Postby DaltonDiscMan » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:01 pm

Mike D wrote:
May still be wet as the lake was overflowing today.

Should I wait a w/e? I am going to be pushing a stroller all day.
DaltonDiscMan
DX Plastic

Postby coreyml » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:07 pm

Mike D wrote:Short tees are really not marked anymore. You can probably still find them on hole #3 and #6 but the rest are gone.

I was under the impression that 3 was just changed to the shorter hole...

DaltonDiscMan wrote:Should I wait a w/e? I am going to be pushing a stroller all day.

yes!
do not kill a baby over a round of disc golf...there are better reasons for killing a baby
jk :D
coreyml
DX Plastic

Postby Mike D » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:38 am

If you want a nice casual day of golf, I would say wait a weekend and let it dry out. However this is March so it may rain everyday next week, you can never tell.

On the other hand, this saturday is White Oak Doubles @ 2pm. You could get the wife to watch the kid on the playground while you played some doubles.
Mike D
Champion Plastic

Postby DaltonDiscMan » Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:19 pm

Thanks for the help guys!! I think we may go to Cloudland Canyon on Saturday.
DaltonDiscMan
DX Plastic

Postby O4PETESAKE » Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:43 pm

I previously placed #3's tee in the short position for the sake of flow...when hole #2 is in par 4 position. Most folks flow to #3's long pad when hole 2 is par 3.
Disc
Golf, WO 30157
O4PETESAKE
Pro Plastic

Postby Duke » Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:02 pm

Any chance of an updated map? I played there for the first time today and had a hell of a time finding the 13th tee. Or is the tee near 16 it, and if so is 13 a par5? Other than that the course has a nice flow, really nice course guys.
Duke
Barney

Postby O4PETESAKE » Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:35 pm

Duke wrote:Any chance of an updated map? I played there for the first time today and had a hell of a time finding the 13th tee. Or is the tee near 16 it, and if so is 13 a par5? Other than that the course has a nice flow, really nice course guys.

I am getting a rough draft map together until the real one is done. I will get it posted asap.
Disc
Golf, WO 30157
O4PETESAKE
Pro Plastic

Return to White Oak Park