ERP Tee Pad Sponsorship Program

Moderators: kurt, Imran, ADGO BOD

ERP Tee Pad Sponsorship Program

Postby Bradshaw » Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:46 pm

Flyer to be posted soon ...

In summary, we are selling Tee-Pad sponsorships which include a concrete tee-pad and a very nice tee-sign with your Company (Your) Name & Reference and/or Logo for life of course. Reference flyer link for details on signage. The cost is Tax Deductible at $300 per pad, starting with the black tees. The installation of pads will be coordinated between the RDGC and City of Roswell.

Logistics for installation are being planned and will be posted here soon as well. We will either pour all 18 in one weekend or break into two and hope to complete efforts prior to the AO AM event weekend March 13-15.

HOLE SPONSORS

#1 - In Memory of Drew Eberhard
#2 - Bob Brent's Company
#4 - The Walkers of Twelvestones
#6 - Future World Champion Lorelei Johnson #13697
#10 - Disc Caddie Golf
#11 - S&S Flooring Marietta
#13 - The Greers
#17 - Imran Khan and family
#18 - Team Seqouyah - Steve Nelson and Jay Voss
Last edited by Bradshaw on Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
Bradshaw

Re: ERP Tee Pad Sponsorship Program

Postby Wookie » Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:45 pm

Bradshaw-I had an idea today at work about how to build the forms for the pads and maybe save some money, using metal track instead of 2x4's, you can spray them and once the pad sets for a bit you can pull them off and take them to another hole without having to destroy the form. Let me know if you wanna talk about it. :mrgreen:
Use the "force" only for good, never for evil

PDGA 24474
ADGO 127
Wookie
Champion Plastic

Postby keith johnson » Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:34 pm

Bradshaw wrote:Flyer to be posted soon ...

#6 - Keith and Lorelei Johnson

I don't think that's what your paper said. :mrgreen:

Did it go thru the wash, and you're trying from memory? :lol:
Father of Future World Champion Lorelei Johnson #13697
keith johnson

Postby Imran » Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:19 am

Keith, we will get the verbage exactly as you want it. No worries...

Jay, so far we have received two bids from concrete companies. Jason will be meeting the 3rd contractor out there today for a quote. So far, our estimates are running $300 - $400 per pad. This is turnkey installation. If you know of someone who can install them for $80 per pad, please let us know.
damn..., that is one fine piece of plastic.
Imran

Postby Wookie » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:02 am

I have a couple of companies I use all the time for that type of stuff on the jobsite if you want their numbers for some more bids. Also, have you talked to any of the concrete companies in the area about sponsership or donations? Just a thought.

PDGA 24474
ADGO 127
Wookie
Champion Plastic

Postby maximus » Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:05 am

I know that the economy is down and times are hard, BUT...

Concrete Labor should be fairly cheap from almost anyone due to this lack of work in the construction markets, target the residential driveway or foundation guys, they are struggling more than commercial people and need the work. OR, plan a day and get some wheelbarrows a bobcat and a stiff pushbroom and about 6 guys going back and forth.

General labor shouldn't cost much either, as I know a few places to get day laborers for $80 a day that could prep all the pads in a day and then pour the next day.

Concrete was just over $100 a yard last time I paid for it, unless it went up, that would be (using a 5'x12'x4" pad, 20cuft, overkill for holes like 2, 5, 12, 13, 14...) .74 cuyds, so say $75 per pad.

Form work does not have to be fancy, it just has to hold the concrete in place for a few hours, and there are still lots of framers that don't know how to not throw away lumber that has a slight curve or twist to it. I could find enough lumber to frame all the pads in one good neighborhood if I pick the right builder. Therefore, free wood for frames.

Now, I know there are a lot of details that you are thinking that I missed and everyone is going to come up with "what about this?, and what about that?" but lets be real. Based on these numbers, the cost of 18 "standard" tee pads installed under ERP conditions should be about $2500-3000. This is all assuming that we have to pay for everything, as I know and have heard a few people say, companies will donate things to a county park for a little recognition!

If it costs more than that, we are wasting money, and since I donated to the cause and play the course fairly regularly, I would prefer that we get the most for our money and use the rest for other improvements or future work needs.
Chris Quarles 34486

IT DOESN'T MATTER HOW FAR IT MIGHT GO PAST THE BASKET, IF IT GOES IN.
maximus

Postby Wookie » Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:28 pm

Instead of using wood you could also use metal track (what they use to frame walls in commercial, not the studs with holes) and we could make a set of forms, say 6, and do it in 3 pours and just re-use them that way we aren't wasting material. Also, its not very hard to finish concrete and make it look good, you just have to be patient. I could also ask some of my equipment rental guys if they would loan us a bobcat for a day for chariety or something like that. There is no way to get a concrete truck back to some of the holes and I wouldn't want some yahoo's in there tearing up the course just to get the job done quickly.

PDGA 24474
ADGO 127
Wookie
Champion Plastic

Postby Imran » Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:31 pm

This is all helpful input. Thanks Chris and Dave.
I agree, I think we should try and stretch our dollars too. We need more benches, trash cans, etc...
Your totally right Dave, we don't want these big trucks Yahoooing thru the course. This is something we will have to do manually using Gators to move materials back and forth. ERP is very tight and only a few access points.

We haven't said yes to any company yet. Just wanted to see what it would cost to just get them done, turnkey. You don't know till you ask.
Obviously, it's way too expensive. I think a work day full of golfers would be most cost efficient, easier on the land, and probably even better quality; like you guys said. I just hope that we can get enough golfers out there to help get this thing done in no more than 2 days.

Volunteers are needed. If we can get 18 able bodies or more, we could setup teams of 2 or more and each team have one tee-pad to work on, completing 9 holes in one day. I think 2 days of that, and we'll have some sweet tee-pads for cheap.

Next step is to turn in a formal Action Plan to Roswell Parks and Rec that describes the full scope of the project, for approval.
I've already started working on it hopefully it will be completed by this weekend and submitted on Monday.
Once approved, we then have the GO to launch.

Workday TBA.
Imran

Postby kade.erp » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:13 pm

I started a discussion on discgolfersr.us here is what they have to say. Its all very helpful.

http://www.discgolfersr.us/forum/topics ... t-how-much
kade.erp
Pro Plastic

Postby Bradshaw » Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:44 am

ok ... I haven't check this thread in a few days. If you have input, it's really better to PM me.

We are installing Tee-Pads and permanent sponsorship Hole Signs and we are either going to do it:

1. end to end manually - i.e., mix our own
2. do all work ourselves but bring in trucks - we distribute from truck
we most likely will not do:
3. Source concrete and distribution/pouring
4. Turn-key

Jay, calling your reference today. Thanks.

Any leftover funds, will be used for future (maybe near) for other projects to include Blues if approved. Most other work on the park is just manual labor that should cost us nothing. btw, what do you guys think about the log wall starting to build on #18 (at least its a pile up for pick-up
Bradshaw

Postby Bradshaw » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:18 pm

Didn't mean to be discourage input, just wanted to direct input via PM, make sure everyone understood that the Pads and Signs are sponsorship packages, and that we will implement as cost efficiently as possible (even if means mixing our own).

We our assessing the tools and resources we have at no costs and options for purchasing or renting others to help determine best option with consideration to costs, schedule and quality.

Thanks Kade, good input indeed. I like the one day of pouring approach ...

Voss, hit Boston Bob up, awaiting costs.
Bradshaw

Postby Imran » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:22 am

O.K, guys here we go!

Workday is scheduled for Saturday, Feb. 21st., and Sunday, Feb. 22nd if needed.
Your help is needed in installing the concrete tees.
Please make some time in your busy schedule to help us that weekend.

Details about the workday to come soon.

STAY TUNED!
Imran

Postby VERMIN » Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:45 am

Hope the Barney's don't steal the pads.
Speakin' the vernacular of the peasantry. Poor little kid, I hope she gets home all right....Professor Marvel

Vern Williams - ADGO #120 - PDGA #27359
VERMIN
Star Plastic

Postby Imran » Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:20 pm

We are ahead of the game! :D

As of today, we have excavated and dry-fitted the black pads on the following holes:
Holes #1 - 9, 13, 14, 15, 16.

10, 11, 12, 17, and 18 remain.

A lot of golfers have given their blood and sweat on Monday and Tuesday of this week.
I can't remember everyone but just to name a few:
Wookie (the ring leader)
Bootsie (this guy is a work horse!)
Bradshaw
Lofstrand
Imran
Brad Hammock
Vach
$
C-Rod (Carlos Rodriguez)
Chinn
Justin Drage
...and many more that I am forgetting.

It's raining today, so I don't think we'll be out there doing too much.
Tomorrow, we'll try and finish up excavating and dry-fitting the frames.

Saturday is calling for showers, but it could be hit or miss.
I told Bradshaw that the news is reporting showers on Saturday. Bradshaw quickly stated "It won't".
I don't know what the heck that means, but I guess if Bradshaw says it wont, then it it won't... :roll:

Just in case Bradshaw can't successfully negotiate a deal with mother nature, we will move the workday to Sunday.

Props to all you guys coming out and putting in some man hours. What comes around goes around.
Looking forward to seeing a big turnout this weekend.

Peace,

Imran
Imran

Postby Wookie » Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:55 pm

I don't think we can move it to Sunday as the concrete plant will not be open. Right now there is a 30% chance of rain so we should be able to at least get some of them in the ground and can work around the weather. As long as it's not "pouring water out of a bucket" we can get the concrete in and cover them with plastic as they dry. Don't count us out just yet. :mrgreen:

PDGA 24474
ADGO 127
Wookie
Champion Plastic

Postby Bradshaw » Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:49 am

check!

Imran, don't a barney ...
Bradshaw

Postby Wookie » Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:43 am

NO RAIN FOR TOMORROW!!!! High of 57, perfect day to pour some concrete and clean up the course. See ya'll out there around 1 today. :mrgreen:

PDGA 24474
ADGO 127
Wookie
Champion Plastic

Postby Lofstrand » Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:19 pm

New signs are in and ready to be installed for PGA Tour Superstore (#9) and Labor Staffing (#5). They look sharp. I'll get this in today during doubles.
PDGA#29514
Lofstrand
Pro Plastic

Postby Lofstrand » Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:30 am

Installed and done!
PDGA#29514
Lofstrand
Pro Plastic

Return to Roswell Disc Golf Club (RDGC)