Poll: Potential Fall Superclass Tourney in Gwinnett

Moderators: Vicki, ADGO BOD

For a Superclass Tournament in Gwinnett County, What format would you prefer?

Both rounds at Lenora Park
10%
Both rounds at Alexander Park
26%
One round at Lenora and the other round at Alexander
52%
No specific preference (any of the above)
13%

Total votes : 31

Poll: Potential Fall Superclass Tourney in Gwinnett

Postby gvan » Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:48 pm

The Gwinnett Disc Golf Organization is considering a PDGA sanctioned Superclass tournament sometime this fall. It will be a 2 round, one day event held in cooperation with Gwinnett County Parks and Recreation. Before we contact them about reserving the course(s), we thought we would poll potential participants about their preference on the format.

Please only vote if you would actually consider playing in the event.

Assuming the event works out, the final decision will take this poll into account, but will also depend on the input of Gwinnett County.

Thanks!
uǝʞuɐɹʌ uɐʌ ʇıɹɹǝƃ
gvan

Re: Poll: Potential Fall Superclass Tourney in Gwinnett

Postby Splash_4 » Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:57 am

With the two courses playing differently, I really like the idea of one round at each park. (besides, they are close enough to make the travel time easier)
Splash_4
DX Plastic

Postby billnchristy » Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:03 am

I vote for both as well, but if the cost of doing both makes things ridiculous I would rather see 2 rounds at one course and have a better payout.

Looking forward to this! I have been working on my sidearm. 8)
billnchristy
Star Plastic

Postby gvan » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:09 am

billnchristy wrote:I vote for both as well, but if the cost of doing both makes things ridiculous I would rather see 2 rounds at one course and have a better payout.

The payout wouldn't be affected. It's just the complexity of moving to course number 2. We'd either need double the tents and coolers (etc.), or have to move them at lunch break.

Not a cost issue, just a program management issue =-)
uǝʞuɐɹʌ uɐʌ ʇıɹɹǝƃ
gvan

Postby billnchristy » Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:35 pm

Oh ok, I thought the county charged "rent" for tourneys.
billnchristy
Star Plastic

Postby mr.disc » Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:40 pm

sundays are good .
"Feared by deer, Adored by women"
mr.disc
Champion Plastic

Postby Funky Bobby J » Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:51 pm

Something in November - say, how about the 15th for example??!! It could be a celebration of disc golf and the day two of the World's finest disc golfers graced the planet :lol:
Living in the United States where the hottest European import is Plutocracy...
Funky Bobby J
Star Plastic

Postby mr.disc » Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:01 pm

check.
"Feared by deer, Adored by women"
mr.disc
Champion Plastic

Postby VERMIN » Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:37 pm

I would prefer to play both courses but voted for just one. Day light savings time will be in effect and could have an impact on the event.

I would prefer Lenora if we just play one course and pray the winds are whipping around 20-25mph. Superclass and Wind would be awesome!! :!: Besides, there is a ton pf parking at Lenora 8)
Last edited by VERMIN on Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Speakin' the vernacular of the peasantry. Poor little kid, I hope she gets home all right....Professor Marvel

Vern Williams - ADGO #120 - PDGA #27359
VERMIN
Star Plastic

Postby Can't Hit Open Putts » Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:03 pm

It has to be at both if you ask me. We don't want to treat Lenora as the red-headed stepchild since we got Alex. If it is a GWINNETT County function it should represent all the courses in Gwinnett. Maybe by 2020 we'll have a 3rd course at Harbins!!
Is this post really necessary?
Can't Hit Open Putts
Champion Plastic

Postby atl scott » Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:22 pm

I voted for Alex twice. I haven't played the Alex and after playing one round of Reedan superclass I wanted to play the same course again so I could improve my lines. That said I would probably show up to either.
atl scott
Pro Plastic

Postby Matt_ » Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:23 am

I'd like to see a poll that lets the players vote for Superclass or real disc golf. This sport is so small as it is I don't think having a superclass event and splitting the current players up is really the best way to go. :( It's nice to see you all organizing an event for us, but at least let the players have a voice in the matter.
Matt_
Barney

Postby gvan » Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:02 am

Matt_ wrote:I'd like to see a poll that lets the players vote for Superclass or real disc golf.

Thanks Matt. We know Superclass isn't for everyone. This isn't the only event in the works by the GDGO, just the one we are talking about at the moment.
uǝʞuɐɹʌ uɐʌ ʇıɹɹǝƃ
gvan

Postby Big Red » Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:50 am

Matt_ wrote:I'd like to see a poll that lets the players vote for Superclass or real disc golf. This sport is so small as it is I don't think having a superclass event and splitting the current players up is really the best way to go. :( It's nice to see you all organizing an event for us, but at least let the players have a voice in the matter.

I agree. I don't understand why this even exists. Oh, well, off topic I guess.
I've got more game than a busted Atari.
Big Red
Champion Plastic

Postby cnalbers » Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:57 am

Matt_ wrote:I'd like to see a poll that lets the players vote for Superclass or real disc golf. This sport is so small as it is I don't think having a superclass event and splitting the current players up is really the best way to go. :( It's nice to see you all organizing an event for us, but at least let the players have a voice in the matter.

Hear, hear!
Life without God, oh, and beer, is meaningless.
cnalbers
DX Plastic

Postby Funky Bobby J » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:14 am

Big Red wrote:

Here's an idea why - because that is what the decided they wanted to run. They are inviting folks to be a part of what THEY felt like organizing. THEY thought it might be fun, interesting, different.
Funky Bobby J
Star Plastic

Postby Wookie » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:19 am

Your vote will be to not sign up for the event. If you want to have a real golf event, then run one. That's a pretty simple answer right there. There were quite a few golfers that had fun with it this past Sunday. If it isn't for you then don't play.

Because unlike you people over the age of whatever like to have fun and throw things that aren't the norm. I know you don't seem to want to have fun but some of us older folks still can laugh and go out and enjoy a day on the course without it having to be a serious event.
Use the "force" only for good, never for evil

PDGA 24474
ADGO 127
Wookie
Champion Plastic

Postby VERMIN » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:20 am

Super Class and Vintage Class was the the original way the sport was played and there are about a million other tourney's to play if that isn't your vibe. My guess is that the tourney will fill no matter what the format is. Besides the TD is the one taking their time to run the event and they can do what they want 8)

Any Disc Golf is Good Disc Golf
Speakin' the vernacular of the peasantry. Poor little kid, I hope she gets home all right....Professor Marvel

VERMIN
Star Plastic

Postby Shoe » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:38 am

It is funny how strongly people lash out against Superclass. Are they really that scared? :lol:
Ka like the wind
Shoe
DX Plastic

Postby Big Red » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:44 am

Wookie wrote:Because unlike you people over the age of whatever like to have fun and throw things that aren't the norm. I know you don't seem to want to have fun but some of us older folks still can laugh and go out and enjoy a day on the course without it having to be a serious event.

You are correct. Disc golf is such a blatantly serious sport that we do need a check valve of sorts in the form of throwing a zephyr. At times while playing a disc golf tournament I have almost collapsed from the mental anguish of the seriousness of it all. I can only compare the atmosphere to that of a chess tournament or a funeral. I'm sure that spending a day with an apple will fill my cup with happiness and relieve me of all this undue stress and consternation that has built up from these angst ridden disc golf tournaments. I am quitting my therapist and from now will only consult the Hero disc type 235 for my ills. I have seen the light and now know that if I have a super nova in my hand I will feel no pain. Perhaps doctors could start prescribing the pulsar for those with cancer. I can see that this new division is becoming a frankenstein that will soon overcome its creators and cure all the world's suffering. Thank you Wookie for setting me straight!
Big Red
Champion Plastic

Postby atl scott » Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:13 am

Big Red wrote:You are correct. Disc golf is such a blatantly serious sport that we do need a check valve of sorts in the form of throwing a zephyr. At times while playing a disc golf tournament I have almost collapsed from the mental anguish of the seriousness of it all. I can only compare the atmosphere to that of a chess tournament or a funeral. I'm sure that spending a day with an apple will fill my cup with happiness and relieve me of all this undue stress and consternation that has built up from these angst ridden disc golf tournaments. I am quitting my therapist and from now will only consult the Hero disc type 235 for my ills. I have seen the light and now know that if I have a super nova in my hand I will feel no pain. Perhaps doctors could start prescribing the pulsar for those with cancer. I can see that this new division is becoming a frankenstein that will soon overcome its creators and cure all the world's suffering. Thank you Wookie for setting me straight!

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh :cry:
atl scott
Pro Plastic

Postby Al 7.0 Olds » Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:43 am

It would be super to play regular disc golf tourney.I would rather play catch,with those super frizzbee's :mrgreen:
Last edited by Al 7.0 Olds on Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Al Hause 39407
Al 7.0 Olds
DX Plastic

Postby Big Red » Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:47 am

Al 7.0 Olds wrote:It would be super to play regular disc golf tourney.I would rather play catch,with those super discs :mrgreen:

Be careful now you will be called a whiner as well. We censor opinions here in disc golf.
Big Red
Champion Plastic

Postby Al 7.0 Olds » Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:51 am

They can call me whatever they want.It is time for a real tourney at Alexander :twisted:
Al Hause 39407
Al 7.0 Olds
DX Plastic

Postby grease » Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:07 pm

Big Red wrote: I'm sure that spending a day with an apple will fill my cup with happiness and relieve me of all this undue stress and consternation that has built up from these angst ridden disc golf tournaments.

Ever try a laxative?
Fart, it's never not funny!
Greg Campbell
www.primoplastic.com
grease

Postby Big Red » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:34 pm

grease wrote:
Big Red wrote: I'm sure that spending a day with an apple will fill my cup with happiness and relieve me of all this undue stress and consternation that has built up from these angst ridden disc golf tournaments.

Ever try a laxative?

Suppose I should have used one of the other discs for that line.
Big Red
Champion Plastic

Postby Splash_4 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:33 pm

Big Red wrote:
grease wrote:

Ever try a laxative?

Suppose I should have used one of the other discs for that line.

I heard that was a new tight fairway disc.....

Splash_4
DX Plastic

Postby VERMIN » Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:28 pm

Is that a Super Class disc? 8)

VERMIN
Star Plastic

Postby Funky Bobby J » Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:40 pm

Super Low Class Disc...some of my personal favorites...
Funky Bobby J
Star Plastic

Return to Gwinnett Disc Golf Organization (GDGO)