IDGC Jim Warner Course Update and Work Days

Local Disc Golf Tournament Info

Moderator: ADGO BOD

IDGC Jim Warner Course Update and Work Days

Postby Ridesbrd » Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:08 pm

Hey All!

Just wanted to give you guys an official update on the Jim Warner Memorial Course. The course if fully designed and was logged with the rest of the property. When the logging company was here they cut down most of the trees that we needed dropped, but left lots of scrap wood which they couldn't use.

The course and land is at the point where we need some man power out there to remove debris that was left on the fairways and cut the remainder of trees. We have been working hard to finish up the other courses before undertaking a new one. The time is here to start shifting gears and focus our efforts on the new course, unfortunately the man power isn't.

We are going to have a work day on March 8th, 2008 at 10am, before our Unity Summit on the following weekend. I would like to have a crew start working on the Warner course as well as some people help me prepare a few things for the upcoming tournament. From here on out the focus of work days will be directed twords the new course and scheduled days will happen at least once a month going forward.

I am also available to have groups of people come out ANYTIME during the week or weekends. If you have a group of buddies that want to come help me do some work on the course give me a call or email a day or two before hand and i can schedule myself to be out there with you.

The more volunteer hours i can get the quicker this course will get completed. We usually work a half day and play a round after but i am open to anything my volunteers want to do. If i have large work days i am able to offer lunch and or other goodies to people willing to help out.

Thank You for the tremendous support we have received thus far with this course and hope to see some of you out here soon!!!

Jason Allind
706-261-6342
jallind at pdga.com
Ridesbrd
Champion Plastic

Postby keith johnson » Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:34 am

Time to step and help ATL area golfers, as you have helped raise the funds to make the course possible!

Let's make the Warner family proud of the course that bears Jim's name.

Thanks for the info Jason!
Father of Future World Champion Lorelei Johnson #13697
keith johnson

Meeks Madness

Postby Mike D » Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:04 pm

I would like to go help, But that is the same weekend a bunch of us are going to Blairsville to play the Meeks Madness Tourney.

Maybe we could get a group together later next month.
Mike D
Champion Plastic

Postby Ridesbrd » Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:12 pm

Sounds great! I do not want to detract anyone from the Meeks Madness tournament. The way things are these days though we have a tourney in GA almost every weekend. Just let me know, heck even get a group together and pick a date and i will arrange my schedule for you.

Thanks

Jason
Ridesbrd
Champion Plastic

Return to Disc Golf Tournaments