The Jim Warner Memorial Fund Update (4-01-09)

Local Disc Golf Tournament Info

Moderator: ADGO BOD

The Jim Warner Memorial Fund Update (4-01-09)

Postby Gator » Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:27 pm

Hello ATL Disc Golfers!
The Jim Warner Fund is doing Great! We now have $2010 + over 120 discs. T-shirts are on back order and I have Rocs(9$), Big Bead Aviars(9$),Wraiths(12$)and a few Black Teebirds($15)remaining-all with cool JW stamps. Call me at the # below if you are interested.....
The Goal is April of this year to have $5,000. If we do not make it though- Jim's Mother(Dorothy Wentz) will most likely come up with whatever we need to make it to $5,000- then - She is going to match that $5,000 and we will have payed a total of $25,000. As you know -the Jim Warner East Course is due to open in Spring 2008-OUR EFFORTS are finally Paying Off!!!
I am now teaching high school in Gwinnett Co.-so it is harder for me to make it to weekday disc golf. However, I am looking forward to seeing everyone at upcoming weekend tournies.
Thanks to Wes and Greg Campbell for helping me sell discs. Here's to Paul La Perre for helping move the discs at local tournies. Jordy is helping out with the T-shirts!!
Thanks especially to Keith Johnson for his recent 150$ donation. This is the second year that Keith has donated $150 of his own money. You are the man Keith!!
Also, the Wills Park Crew has been a consistent contributor to the JWF. Don't even get me started about how awesome the Redan P'nut Doubles Crew has been - Generous as Can Be!!
Thanks to every disc golfer that has supported the Jim Warner Fund these past two years. The Goal is in sight and soon we will all be playing on the Jim Warner East Course at the IDGC in Augusta. Cah Caw!!!Check Your Chicken!!!ACTION!! Please read below for info on a workday at the New JW course in Augusta......... :lol: :) :o :wink: :!:
Brian Graham and the Entire IDGC/PDGA Staff Rock!!!!(JA included)
Sincerely,
Greg Guttinger
678-557-1699
Last edited by Gator on Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:59 am, edited 14 times in total.
Gator
DX Plastic

Postby Ridesbrd » Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:41 pm

Also if anyone is interested in helping (Physical Labor) we need people to clear this course. It is designed and mostly cleared, but many trees have remained that the logging company couldn't use, creating lots of ground cover.

Please stay tuned as we will post when work days will be!!! The more help the better, but i thought i would post ways to help with the course, if money is a little tight.

JA

Jallind@pdga.com
Ridesbrd
Champion Plastic

Postby djester » Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:25 pm

chainsaw type labor?? moving logs type labor? Young guys full of energy type labor? if so I'm in...just make a date and I'll try to be there. List tools needed also.
My posse's on Broadway!
djester
Post Bagger!!

Postby ET » Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:50 pm

how 'bout creaky geezers who can provide sustinance to the workforce?
need any o' dem?
ET
Pro Plastic

Postby Ridesbrd » Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:54 pm

We will be able to use everyone and anyone, it is mostly moving logs, loppering, small chainsaw work, and building walkways/paths. I would say the majority of the work will be moving logs/debris that is littering the course.

I'm sure Ed we could find something for you too on a work day, we always need chefs, how's your bar-b-que skills!

Keep your eyes open for a date, that is always the hard part with a tourney every weekend in GA, what is better for the atlanta folks, saturdays or sundays. We also have some pretty cool camping here if people wanted to stay the night i'm sure we could work out a nice site for ya!

JA
Ridesbrd
Champion Plastic

Postby ET » Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:15 pm

Ridesbrd wrote:I'm sure Ed we could find something for you too on a work day, we always need chefs, how's your bar-b-que skills!JA

after dreamland, there's not a lot left to be done in the bbq world, so outdoing them is a time-consuming venture i'd prefer not to get into at present. might give 'em a run, tho'.
ET
Pro Plastic

Postby richardhead » Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:33 am

Dreamland=SHULE!!!
Jay Phillips
<EAT MY SKAT>
richardhead
Star Plastic

Text Updated.....

Postby Gator » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:00 am

If you read my original post (prior to Tuesday, Jan 15th)- I have made some changes ......
Please re-read .
Thanks -
Greg Guttinger
678-557-1699
Gator
DX Plastic

Postby keith johnson » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:59 am

Gator,
Thanks for all YOU are doing to help raise money for the Jim Warner Fund!

Starting in March I'll run the bounty again at Wills to raise money.

Keith
Father of Future World Champion Lorelei Johnson #13697
keith johnson

Postby djester » Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:00 am

richardhead wrote:Dreamland=SHULE!!!

+1

Who puts potatoes in their brunswick stew?? can you say filler???
The BBQ isn't really good either. If I wanted to smell like smoke I'd keep up my windows and smog a bit.
My posse's on Broadway!
djester
Post Bagger!!

Postby Vern » Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:37 am

I like Jello
The Hula Hoop became so ubiquitous that the former Soviet Union banned the toy as a symbol of the "emptiness of American culture."
Vern
Champion Plastic

Postby grease » Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:04 pm

keith johnson wrote:Gator,

Keith

Hopefully, according to Gator's/Jason's timeline for the new course installation, they won't need for you to start another bounty. Folks, buy those remaining discs to help get this done. Thanks for organizing all of this Gator!
Fart, it's never not funny!
Greg Campbell
www.primoplastic.com
grease

Postby ET » Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:37 pm

my oops, in praising dreamland then. the last time i ate there, it was in the original location in b'ham, al and it was about 15 or so years ago.
sucks when stuff changes for the worse.
to answer jason's question, i can handle a cooking fire.
ET
Pro Plastic

Postby keith johnson » Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:39 pm

grease wrote:
keith johnson wrote:Gator,

Keith

Hopefully, according to Gator's/Jason's timeline for the new course installation, they won't need for you to start another bounty. Folks, buy those remaining discs to help get this done. Thanks for organizing all of this Gator!

Bounty at Wills started and up to 40 bucks already.

Thanks to the generous players of the GSSS Event #2 at Deerlick, as they donated the ace fund to the Warner fund instead of rolling it over to Event #3.

Please get me an Address to send the $82 to.

Thanks,
Keith
keith johnson

work day

Postby Ridesbrd » Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:53 am

Saturday April 26th, Jim Warner Course work day, 9am at the IDGC

I know Toccoa/Seneca is that weekend but just throwing this out there for you guys, its too hard to schedule anything around tournaments anymore.

Please feel free to call the office 706-261-6342 or email me

jallind at pdga.com
Ridesbrd
Champion Plastic

Please see my updated post ....

Postby Gator » Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:55 am

I have posted an update titled "Jim Warner Fund Coming Down Home Stretch". Please check it out.
ALSO-
Thank you for contributing at local events!!!
Greg G
Gator
DX Plastic

Postby Mr-Disc » Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:17 pm

In 2006 I helped put together 2 events that raised over a thousand for the JW fund, the events were the first Jim warner memorial fund raiser floating on the river and the Jackson county Pro-AM Made in the shade 1.

the money raised from these two events had very little to do with me, It was you the players that made it happen, all I did was name the place and time.

I still would like to contribute to this cause,
and I will say this if the made in the shade 3 has at least 50 player I will donate $100 to the cause. further more if the event sells out I will donate $200 and I would also like to invite Greg Guttinger to attended and make a short speech about the JW fund and what it means to the ATL disc Golf Community.

Please keep in mind I am not anti anything, I am nothing more than a promoter in sharing the sport of disc golf.

I would also love to hold another 100% charity event this summer for the JW fund .
please let me know if there is any interest in such an event.

WWJWD
Chuck Smith
I use to Give a dam, but now I don't give a sh!t.
Mr-Disc
Pro Plastic

Thanks Mr Disc!!

Postby Gator » Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:08 pm

That would be great. We have a tournament in the works for the Monticello course in either June or july, so if you can find a date in very early August-that might be the best.
Call me- 678-557-1699.
Thanks Again-
Greg Guttinger
Gator
DX Plastic

See posts about Toccoa raised Money....

Postby Gator » Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:27 am

I have added to the "Stevens Co." post and to the "JW Coming Down home stretch" post. Check it out!
Basically - I tell how much John Nisewonder Rocks!!!
Thanks Again ATL disc golfers! Only $2,200 left to raise.
Greg Guttinger
678-557-1699
Gator
DX Plastic

Postby Ridesbrd » Thu May 15, 2008 11:40 am

IDGC Jim Warner Course Workday

This Saturday May 17th at 9am, we will have a crew working on the new course. Lunch will be provided and we will probably work from 9am-1pm then play golf! Let me know if any of you ATL'ers can make it!

Thanks

jallind at pdga.com
Ridesbrd
Champion Plastic

Postby Jay » Thu May 15, 2008 12:11 pm

Wish I could make it but the next two Saturdays are booked with the Cherokee Ability Games which includes introducing disc golf to kids and parents.

Maybe next one :)
Jay

....and on the eighth day, God created the U.S. Marines!
Jay
Star Plastic

Course is being worked on-Opening early 2009

Postby Gator » Tue May 20, 2008 1:21 pm

Hello ATL disc golfers!

The Jim Warner East Course at the IDGC in Augusta is being worked on and should have its grand opening in early 2009.
Brian Graham said that there is still much work to be done -but the course is looking better daily.
We have $10,000 more to donate and have already raised almost $3,000 of the $5,000 goal(Jim's mom is going to match what we raise to give us the entire 10K needed).

Thanks for contributing and try to make the June 7th Bring Your Own Partner Doubles at 10am in Monticello- we will help Luke and Mr. Anderson raise funds for the course and the Warner Fund will have several CTP's.

Call me for more info OR if you wanna purchase any Jim Warner Discs-$10 each- Ontario Rocs, Wraiths, etc.

Thanks-
Greg Guttinger 678-557-1699
Gator
DX Plastic

Jim Warner Fund gets Shot in the Arm(6/28/08)Thanks Wills !!

Postby Gator » Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:00 pm

Hello ATL Golfers-
At Wills Park Doubles on Wed. Night, Wes Campbell , on behalf of the Wills Park Doubles Crew, donated a whopping $470 to the Jim Warner Fund. Coupled with the recent donations by Rob Kelley($130), and Mr.Anderson/Luke's Monticello Doubles($130) we are now at $3,650!!!
We only have $1350 to go!! Also- we have already paid a down payment of $160 on new Jim Warner Totem Pole T Shirts. Look for them (and other CTP 's at upcoming events).
Thanks ATL for your constant support.
Pricilla Warner, Jim's widow, wanted me to tell everyone that she said "Hello" and that she is really happy with the way things are going.
Dorothy Wentz,Jim's mom, is equally as happy and ready to match our total!!
Call me with any questions-
Greg Guttinger
678-557-1699
PS- Fivesomes are the absolute worst!
Gator
DX Plastic

Fund Update (08-03-08)

Postby Gator » Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:42 pm

Thank You Atlanta Golfers for contributing to the JW Fund at yesterday's Tournament in Cumming. We raised 72 more dollars for the fund, which now stands at $3,850(just $1150 from our goal)! Holes ten and twelve were CTPs for 3 Warner Discs Each.
Special thanks to Keith,Lorelei and Dawn for running the tourney and to Terry L. and crew for all of their hard work.
If you are interested in any of Jim's discs- go to E Bay- I am listing several Rocs(KC Pro 8/9 Time) and other discs with all the proceeds going to the Jim Warner Fund. Make a Bid and win one of Jim's discs.
Thanks Again to all involved in making yesterday's tourney happen!
Greg Guttinger
678-557-1699
Last edited by Gator on Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gator
DX Plastic

Re: The Jim Warner Memorial Fund Update (8-03-08)

Postby keith johnson » Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:14 pm

Gator, you probably missed it with your cut and paste post from here to the tournament thread, but the golfers also donated the 82 dollars from the ace fund to the Warner fund since no one got an ace, so now you are under 1100 bucks to go!

Thanks again for all you are doing for the fund raising for a great cause, and good luck on your disc sales!

Keith
keith johnson

Postby Gator » Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:01 pm

Yes-
Thank you again Keith.Less than 1100 to go.
It won't be long until we are all playing the Jim Warner Course in Appling!
Greg G
Gator
DX Plastic

Postby Gator » Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:40 pm

If Interested in Jim's discs- go to E Bay- I am listing several Rocs(KC Pro 8/9 Time) and other discs with all the proceeds going to the Jim Warner Fund.
Several mint CE Innovas are now listed!! Look at "rgutt" 's listings on ebay today to see all the discs & make a bid! Only $1050 to go!!
Thanks ATL Golfers!
Only 4 days left to bid on certain discs!!
"Gator' Guttinger
Gator
DX Plastic

Postby Ridesbrd » Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:47 pm

Gator wrote:If Interested in Jim's discs- go to E Bay- I am listing several Rocs(KC Pro 8/9 Time) and other discs with all the proceeds going to the Jim Warner Fund.
Several mint CE Innovas are now listed!! Look at "rgutt" 's listings on ebay today to see all the discs & make a bid! Only $1050 to go!!
Thanks ATL Golfers!
Only 4 days left to bid on certain discs!!
"Gator' Guttinger

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZrguttQ ... ooZ2QQrdZ0
Ridesbrd
Champion Plastic

Found phone

Postby Gator » Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:59 am

I found my cell. You can Calll me at 678-557-1699 again!!
Thanks-
Greg Gutt
Gator
DX Plastic

Re: The Jim Warner Memorial Fund Update (8-27-08)

Postby Gator » Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:37 pm

ATL DISC GOLF COMMUNITY-
After selling 11 discs on EBay, I raised another 290 dollars for the Jim Warner fund this week. That makes our total now over $4,200, just $800 to go!!! Since Jim died nearly three years ago, we have been raising money to name the East Course at the IDGC in Appling,Ga.after our old pal Jim. Although Disc Golfers are not the richest group of people in the world, the amount of generosity in this community has been most impressive. In the end, we will have raised 10K in Jim's honor- the other 15 K was/is being donated by Jim's mom(Dorothy Wentz).
Priscilla Warner(Jim's widow) lights up with happiness whenever I give her an update on the Jim Warner Fund. She is so proud that we are doing this for Jim and sends her thanks to all of you that have contributed.
Thanks again to all of you that have supported the fund these past 2.5 years. Our goal is to raise the 8 hundred needed by early 2009( The JW Memorial Course at the IDGC is due to open in Early Fall '09).
Call me if you have a donation or would like to know more about the Fund.
Thanks again ATL!!! Look for more CTP's at local events(ie. Sun Doubles at Redan- Thanks pnUT!!) T Shirts with a cool design by Jim are on back order( we have already paid for them). :D :lol: :) 8) :P :!:
Greg Guttinger #11156
770-844-9955
Gator
DX Plastic

Postby keith johnson » Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:59 pm

I've still got your CTP package you won at Central, and the money from the golfers that day from the ace fund.

Are you going to be around Wills next Wednesday?

Let me know and I will bring it to you, or let me know when you are going to be near Wills, and I can meet you there and get you the stuff.

Great job on everything!

Keith
keith johnson

Postby Gator » Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:28 pm

Keith-
I will not be at wills on Wed.- but I will call you in the next few weeks and arrange to meet.
Thanks alot.
Greg G
Gator
DX Plastic

Postby Can't Hit Open Putts » Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:59 pm

Gator I have a $60 check for the fund that I collected at Lake Russell, please PM me with your address so I can Mail it to you. CHOP
"Fearlessly the Idiot faced the crowd, Smiling"
Can't Hit Open Putts
Champion Plastic

More Jim Warner Memorial Fund Update (9-15-08)

Postby Gator » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:17 am

REDAN ADDS TO FUND!!
Yesterday at Redan Doubles ,I collected another $201 towards the Warner Fund. $91 came from the CTP's that Paul LaPerre has been running each Sunday & Out of the blue-a nice $10 donation from Paul Trent, along with a very generous $100 donation by Rob Kelley made up the rest of the nice donation. This money has been added to the fund and we are now under $600 to go to reach our goal of 5K. :shock:
Thanks Chop for collecting funds at the Lake Russell Tournament(actually, I guess we are really now under $550 remaining)!! :D
Thanks ATL golfers!!
Greg Guttinger
2635 Exeter Ct.
Cumming ,Ga. 30041
678-557-1699
:roll: :wink: :!: :!: :wink: :roll: :lol: :P :? :) :D
Gator
DX Plastic

More Funds!

Postby Gator » Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:31 am

I heard from Greaseman yesterday that he raised over $200 more for the Jim Warner Fund at his recent InterGallactic Tourney. Now, the fund is under $350 from our goal of 5K.
Way to go Grease! Thanks also to all the ATL golfers that have played a part in making this great cause come to reality!
Next year we can all go to the IDGC and play the brand new Jim Warner (East) Course!!
Greg G
678-557-1699
2635 Exeter ct.
cumming ga 30041 :D :!: :D :!:
Gator
DX Plastic

The Jim Warner Memorial Fund(10-25-08)

Postby Gator » Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:21 am

Hello ATL!
We are now under $300 away from our goal of 25K!!
In Talked to Brian Graham yesterday and everything is on schedule for a May 2009 opening of the Jim Warner East Course at the IDGC in Appling,Ga.
We are planning to have some sort of opening ceremony - with a free BBQ- when the course opens.
T Shirts are being prooduced AND I STILL HAVE ABOUT 45 DISCS to use as fund raisers. WE WILL GET THE $300 NEEDED FIRST-SEND THE FINAL CHECK TO THE IDGC- THEN CONTINUE FUND RAISING FOR THE BBQ/ Grand opening.
Thanks Atlanta for your continued support. For info on tshirts or discs for sale- please call me at 678-557-1699 and as always...........................GO FLORIDA GATORS!!!!!!
Greg Guttinger #11156
PS- Thanks Again Greaseman Campbell ($235) and Chop($60)for recent donations- You are both Cool as All Get Out!!!
Gator
DX Plastic

Re: The Jim Warner Memorial Fund Update (9-15-08)

Postby Mike D » Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:19 pm

Gator,

Any thoughts on charting a bus and getting a whole group of Atlanta players to fill it for the grand opening?

I for one would be interested.

Later,

Mike D
Mike D
Champion Plastic

Postby VERMIN » Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:32 am

Mike D wrote:Gator,
Any thoughts on charting a bus and getting a whole group of Atlanta players to fill it for the grand opening?
Later,

Mike D

I think a short bus would be fitting for our group 8)
Speakin' the vernacular of the peasantry. Poor little kid, I hope she gets home all right....Professor Marvel

Vern Williams - ADGO #120 - PDGA #27359
VERMIN
Star Plastic

Postby Mike D » Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:53 am

VERMIN wrote:
Mike D wrote:Gator,
Later,

Mike D

I think a short bus would be fitting for our group 8)

Sorry Vern, I did not mean to stir up any of your old childhood memories!
I know they probably still give you nightmares.
Mike D
Champion Plastic

Postby Ridesbrd » Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:56 am

Heads up from the IDGC!

Just wanted to let you guys in a little more on the happenings of the new course. We have 9 holes playable currently with dirt teepads and tree course markings! Brian spoke with Discraft last week and ordered the first nine baskets which i hope to have going in very shortly. We have picked up some casual labor in order to finish the project so a big thanks goes out to Johnny B. and Mike Trello for their hard work the last 2 weeks! I was informed this morning that we are on the last hole as far as major clearing goes and just need to go back though over the next couple of weeks in order to clean up remaining minor issues.

So if any of you come out for the November monthly i'd be happy to show you around the new Jim Warner Course, that everyone has worked so hard for. I'm hoping to play it from dirt teepads for the December or January monthly so pencil that in as well.
Ridesbrd
Champion Plastic

Re: The Jim Warner Memorial Fund Update (10-28-08)

Postby Gator » Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:08 pm

A charter bus would be great- but that seems like something we would need at least 20 golfers to pull off.Let me know if you are willing to organize it, Mike, and I will get the word out.
Greg G
PS- I talked to Jord yesterday and he is currently working on the new Jim Warner Fund T Shirts with awesome Totem Pole Design. We will use these as fund raisers for the big Course Opening BBQ/Kegger in May,2009.
GET OUT IN DECEMBER AND PLAY THE NEW JIM WARNER COURSE FROM THE DIRT TEEPADS !!!!!
And, as always, Go UF!!
Gator
DX Plastic

Postby Ridesbrd » Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:25 pm

UPDATE:

The Jim Warner Course will have its soft opening on Tuesday November 18th! Gregg Hosfeld and Ben Calhoun are on a quest to play their 1000th course and they will be doing it together.

The baskets will be here next tuesday and i am hoping to have the course ready to go by Friday, November 14th. Of course it is still rough and will only have dirt tee pads but we have been working very hard twords completion this month.

Let me know if anyone wants to come down to help, play, or spectate. Thanks for all the support ADGA!

Back To work!
Ridesbrd
Champion Plastic

Postby Gator » Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:01 pm

Hello all!
The Jim Warner Totem Pole T-Shirts are in!
There are 114 T Shirts (and they were 3.50 each: so the total for the t-shirts was $399)
Jordy sold 11 t shirts for $88 last weekend, plus we had already paid $160 as a down payment.
Therefore, I had to take $150 out of the Warner Fund to pay the balance of the T shirts.
Instead of having $250 to go to meet our goal- we now must raise $400. Luckily, people seem to really like the t-shirts and they should sell quickly. We have over 100
shirts left in M, L, XL, and XXL.
Call me at 678-557-1699 and/or
Look for them on sale at disc golf courses around Atlanta.
Down the Stretch we come!!!
Greg Guttinger
PS - Go Gators! :!: 16 outta 19!
Last edited by Gator on Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gator
DX Plastic

Postby Ridesbrd » Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:00 pm

Ridesbrd wrote:UPDATE:

The Jim Warner Course will have its soft opening on Tuesday November 18th! Gregg Hosfeld and Ben Calhoun are on a quest to play their 1000th course and they will be doing it together.

The baskets will be here next tuesday and i am hoping to have the course ready to go by Friday, November 14th. Of course it is still rough and will only have dirt tee pads but we have been working very hard twords completion this month.

Let me know if anyone wants to come down to help, play, or spectate. Thanks for all the support ADGA!

Back To work!

Just put the last basket in on the new Jim Warner Course! thought you guys would like to know, still lots of work left...........
Ridesbrd
Champion Plastic

Postby Jay » Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:04 pm

Ridesbrd wrote: Thanks for all the support ADGA!

Athens Disc Golf Association?
Augusta Disc Golf Association?
Jay

Jay
Star Plastic

Postby keith johnson » Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:18 pm

Jay wrote:
Ridesbrd wrote: Thanks for all the support ADGA!

Athens Disc Golf Association?
Augusta Disc Golf Association?

You say tomato - I say tomat-o :lol:
keith johnson

Postby Gator » Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:25 pm

Does Jay Voss tamper with e mails?
Wouldn't that be considered invalid?

I hope he does not.

By-
Greg G
Gator
DX Plastic

Postby Jay » Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:15 am

Nope.
Jay

Jay
Star Plastic

Postby Ridesbrd » Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:01 am

sorry ADGO!
Ridesbrd
Champion Plastic

Postby Jay » Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:25 am

Thanks Jason for all the info you have been posting on the JW Course.

Is the Correct name "The Jim Warner Memorial - East Course" ?

Also - Have you had a chance to get any pictures taken?

Will the tee signs be a "Simpsons" theme?

peace
Jay

Jay
Star Plastic

Postby Ridesbrd » Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:46 pm

I think the official name is "Jim Warner Memorial Course", the north, south, east is nicknames given to the courses before they had sponsors. The nicknames have been used continually though.........but they are not official by any means.

We have not taken many pictures but we will get out there soon to do so, the main push was to get the fairways cleared and baskets in asap so we could do this 1000th course thing on tuesday.

I am not sure on the tee signs but i imagine they will be very similar to the other courses to keep it nice and consistent.
Ridesbrd
Champion Plastic

Postby Ridesbrd » Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:22 pm

Just got done shooting distances on the Jim Warner course, and it should be up on the course directory soon!

Looks like a 7440 course with holes:

Under 300= 5

300-400= 3

Over 400= 10

Probably looking at a par 65 ish, and it has discraft chainstar baskets. There will be natural tees until Spring '09.
Ridesbrd
Champion Plastic

Postby grease » Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:27 pm

That's great news Jason! Can't wait to play it!
Fart, it's never not funny!
Greg Campbell
www.primoplastic.com
grease

Postby Gator » Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:47 pm

Yes,
I ,too, would like to say a big "Thank You" to you Jason for your posts, and for whatever work you have done getting the course ready for play.
I am very excited to see the new course and play the long layout. See you soon!
Thank You Again for Everything!
Greg Guttinger #11156
Gator
DX Plastic

Postby Redan Randy » Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:05 pm

Thanks again for another incredible course at the IDGC! My first round was a grueling 74. Jim definately didn't have my back that morning. Or my shoulder. It is "Discneyland"tm out there at the IDGC, and everyone should try to make a weekend over there. Three championship courses(to say the least) with plenty of mid-range and putting practice area between them, pro shop, couches in air conditioned/heated building, and the Disc Golf Hall of Fame to boot. All for 5 bucks a day! Thanks again!!
Redan IS God's Country!!
Redan Randy
Star Plastic

Re: The Jim Warner Memorial Fund Update (12-08-08)

Postby Gator » Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:02 am

Way to Go Snake Tourney Golfers!
Another $135.00 was raised for the Jim Warner Fund. We are now under $200 away from meeting our goal.
What's cool is that we still have plenty of SWAG to raise money with and should be able to throw quite a party at the IDGC when the JW course opens in May 2009. It is already open for play -but has no t-pads.
Keep up the great support ATL golfers!
Thanks especially to John Chapman and Jay Voss!!!
Sincerely-
Greg G #11156
Gator
DX Plastic

More Money Rolls in from Snake Tourney...

Postby Gator » Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:28 pm

Hey ATL Golfers-
Another $60.00 was raised for the JW Fund by selling t-shirts at the recent "Snake Tourney" at Sequoyah(Making the total $195 from that tourney).
Jay Voss delivered the money to me yesterday and it leaves us just $135.00 from our goal. Once this is raised- I will send the money into the IDGC and the fund will have been paid for!!! I will continue to raise funds for a FREE BBQ in May at the Jim Warner Course! We have plenty of KEY SWAG remaining!!
Thanks for you continued support ATL!!
Greg G #11156
Gator
DX Plastic

Postby atl scott » Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:46 pm

Got to play the first 6 holes or so at Jim Warner today. Very sick holes. Looks like it will be a great addition to a cool place.
atl scott
Pro Plastic

WE MADE IT!!!!!

Postby Gator » Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:37 am

Congratulations ATL golfers-
I collected $40 from Mark Campbell-and the Jim Warner Fund is now complete!! It took a little over three years- but we have managed to raise the 10K!! A special "Thank You" to all that have contributed. Priscilla Warner(Jim's Widow)is very excited about the Official Grand opening of the course in May. Dorothy Wentz, Jim's Mom- a key contributer of 15K-is equally excited and proud.Great Job Everyone!!!
The other good news is that we are going to have enough left over fundraiser discs and t-shirts to raise money for a free BBQ at the course on Sat night (May 30th) at the Hall of Fame Classic in Appling ,GA.( a PDGA Event ).
In fact, we are already at $61 raised. This is because Paul LaPerre gave me that amount on Sunday at Redan doubles.He has a few large and XL tshirts for sale if you see him. He is also still running CTPs.Oh yeah-he is also doing another Super Bowl Squares pool.
Contact me if you have any questions or comments.
Way To Go ADGO-
Greg G
cell 678-557-1699
home 770-844-9955
Gator
DX Plastic

Postby VERMIN » Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:31 am

You did a fantastic job Gator. Kudos to you for be the driving force that made this happen.
Speakin' the vernacular of the peasantry. Poor little kid, I hope she gets home all right....Professor Marvel

Vern Williams - ADGO #120 - PDGA #27359
VERMIN
Star Plastic

Re: The Jim Warner Memorial Fund Update (1-14-09)

Postby Gator » Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:07 pm

I appreciate the kind words Verminator!!!
Hope to see you at the free BBQ in May.....
Greg G
Gator
DX Plastic

Re: The Jim Warner Memorial Fund Update (1-14-09)

Postby crickey » Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:38 pm

Greg, great job, I hope your commitment inspires others
Tryin' to sing a familiar tune,
Howlin' the words under a bloodshot moon
crickey
DX Plastic

Re: The Jim Warner Memorial Fund Update (1-25-09)

Postby Gator » Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:18 pm

Thanks ATL golfers for contributing to the Jim Warner Fund Today at the ERP Tee Pad Extravagenza!!!
We gained $91 total for 4 CTP's on holes 6-11-13 -15( $65 went to the Jim Warner Fund and $26 went to help with the ERP tee pads).
Their are still plenty of t-shirts available through myself or Paul LePerre for $7- We have plenty of M,L,2XL's remaining in short sleeve. The shirts have a cool design of a Totem Pole of Clowns on the back.
The total raised already for the Free BBQ at the Hall of Fame Tournament in Appling in May is up to $186.
I sent the final check off to the IDGC this week and I cannot wait to see/play the JW Course- I hear it Rocks!!!
I talked to Brian Graham and he anticipates over 100 entrants to the H of F Classic- but he can accomodate up to 216 since all 3 courses will be in use. I am planning on around 120 people.....otherwise the portion size at the BBQ may decrease...... LOL
Take care and I hope to see you at a local course!
Greg Guttinger #11156
Gator
DX Plastic

Re: The Jim Warner Memorial Fund Update (4-1-09)

Postby Gator » Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:35 pm

Hello ATL golfers-
The BBQ fund is now over 300 dollars! Redan and Sequoyah are the latest courses/players to contribute.
We are holding the FREE BBQ at Applings' Hall of Fame Classic in late May. The BBQ will actually take place on Friday May 29th at the IDGC-during/after the random draw doubles. Hot dogs,chicken and hamburgers along with many sides- is the planned menu. Beer may also be available- but MUST be in a plastic cup.
Sign up for the Hall of Fame and try and make it out early(FRIDAY)for the free food.
Talk to you soon-
Greg Guttinger
PS- In addition to the $300 raised-I have also already bought 90 Asst. Powerades for the Hall of Fame weekend participants!!
Gator
DX Plastic

Re: The Jim Warner Memorial Fund Update (4-1-09)

Postby Ridesbrd » Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:27 am

Gator wrote:Hello ATL golfers-
The BBQ fund is now over 300 dollars! Redan and Sequoyah are the latest courses/players to contribute.
We are holding the FREE BBQ at Applings' Hall of Fame Classic in late May. The BBQ will actually take place on Friday May 29th at the IDGC-during/after the random draw doubles. Hot dogs,chicken and hamburgers along with many sides- is the planned menu. Beer may also be available- but MUST be in a plastic cup.
Sign up for the Hall of Fame and try and make it out early(FRIDAY)for the free food.
Talk to you soon-
Greg Guttinger
PS- In addition to the $300 raised-I have also already bought 90 Asst. Powerades for the Hall of Fame weekend participants!!

Thanks Greg sounds great!

I am still looking for ideas for a Jim Warner Course Logo for discs, if you have any ideas or additions to a logo that would be great. i heard about a Totem pole artwork?!?!? We may be able to have Discraft incorporate this into the course logo, let me know!

Also I am encouraging pre registration on the Hall of Fame Classic, I know a bunch of you ATL'ers are coming down but none are signed up. Even more so i am pushing the camping reservation issue, if you are planning on camping please make a reservation ASAP. The park is going to start giving away my reserved spots soon if people don't start grabbing them.
For camping call: (706) 541-0586

Thanks Guys!
Ridesbrd
Champion Plastic

Re: The Jim Warner Memorial Fund Update (4-01-09)

Postby Gator » Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:15 am

Thank you Toccoa and Sequoyah Golfers! We raised another $80 bucks!!!! We raised 66$(Toccoa) and 14$(Sequoyah)at this weekend's tournaments, raising the total to $390 for the free cook out at the IDGC on May the 29th. This will take place after the doubles at the IDGC prior to the Hall of Fame Classic- so be sure to make a 3 Day weekend out of it and attend the FREE COOKOUT(at about 7:45pm on May 29th)!!
Any Questions? Call me @ 678-557-1699.
I hear the JW Course T-Pads are going in soon(with Jim's ashes scattered in the 1st pad)!!! Cannot wait to see everyone at the H of F Clasic!
Greg Gator Guttinger #11156
PS- We also have already purchased 100 Powerades (Asst Flavors) for the cookout/doubles!!
Gator
DX Plastic

Postby Laserman » Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:13 am

Not sure if this has been covered yet (this is a long thread) but what is the format for the HOF Classic?
ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE IS NO MATCH FOR NATURAL STUPIDITY
Laserman
Champion Plastic

Postby Jay » Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:38 am

check the Disc Golf Hall of Fame Classic PDGA A Tier 30-31 May 09 thread.....there is a tentative format.
Jay

Jay
Star Plastic

Postby Ridesbrd » Tue May 19, 2009 11:00 am

Quick update on lunch break today, 15 tee pads are poured and 10 to go, should be done by this afternoon.

Jim was spread this mourning, into all the tee pads on the course! I have also held some of jim back to be put in Warner's corner per request.....

Crunch time to the tourny coming up quick........
Ridesbrd
Champion Plastic

Postby Carl Wms » Tue May 19, 2009 12:07 pm

Wow!
Carl Wms
Champion Plastic

Postby SKELETOR » Tue May 19, 2009 12:16 pm

Poured a little out for our disc golf homey durning lunch today. Good memories of Jim W. Cant wait to play HIS course, nice to have a local remembered like this. Cant say it enough THANKS to Gutt, Jims mom, the contributers, and the people working on the course.
Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.
Ronald Reagan
SKELETOR
DX Plastic

Planned Menu for May 29th!

Postby Gator » Fri May 22, 2009 9:44 am

This is the tentative Planned Menu forthe Free BBQ at the IDGC in Appling(Fri. May 29th -7:30 pm-OR after the doubles):
Burgers
Chicken Sandwiches
Hot Dogs
Chips
Sides(non-mayo and mayo varieties)
Drinks
Thanks Paul for another 30$ from Redan crew. Total for BBQ now at $420(and I have already bought the chips, condiments, and most of the drinks)!!!
Plan on attending the BBQ and make a 3 day weekend out of it!See you there-
Greg G
PS- I could use a few more volunteers for that Friday's cooking -please e-mail me if you can contribute some time helping out or if you have an extra cooler you can let us use.
Cell 678-557-1699
Home 770-844-9955
Gator
DX Plastic

Postby Laserman » Fri May 22, 2009 3:03 pm

Make that $46 Gator. I sold 3 more shirts at the GDGO Board meeting last night. Down to 1 shirt which i hope to move on Sunday @ Pnut dubs. Warnerfest is going to be awesome in Augusta. I think i can bring an extra cooler.
ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE IS NO MATCH FOR NATURAL STUPIDITY
Laserman
Champion Plastic

Return to Disc Golf Tournaments