Charleston Classic - Dec 2 & 3

Local Disc Golf Tournament Info

Moderator: ADGO BOD

Charleston Classic - Dec 2 & 3

Postby Mike D » Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:10 pm

Great course in a 100 year + old park in Charleston SC.

Throw over fountains and ponds, One hole tees off under 100 year old oak over the fountain to the basket.

Ask Dollar and he will tell you how nice this course is. Only set-up once a year for this tournament.

If you want in better get in fast before it sells out.
Mike D
Champion Plastic

Re: Charleston Classic - Dec 2 & 3

Postby dandaman » Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:05 pm

I can concur that Heritage(hampton?) Park is one of the best places that I have played disc golf at. The island hole (#26 I think) is a joke.<---Me thinks the island is too small. One of the most beautiful places to play disc golf (seriously). Even though it is not that exciting of a hole, my personal favorite is the hole where you are throwing out of the gazebo.
Johnson! Keep an eye on that Kherplakistan situation...
dandaman
Star Plastic

Postby $Dollar$ » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:27 am

Unfortunately, they operate the registration for this tournament like a secret society. I've played the last 4 years, and I check their website weekly. But when the flyer goes up they are magically almost full. Of the 4 years I've played, 3 were only at Hampton, and all 3 I had to get in off the waitlist. If you don't have a cousin Bubba that lives in Chucktown, good luck getting in before it's full.

If they wanted it to be fair, then they would do online registration.
BAAAAKAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!
$Dollar$
Champion Plastic

Postby Mike D » Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:24 am

$Dollar$ wrote:Unfortunately, they operate the registration for this tournament like a secret society. I've played the last 4 years, and I check their website weekly. But when the flyer goes up they are magically almost full. Of the 4 years I've played, 3 were only at Hampton, and all 3 I had to get in off the waitlist. If you don't have a cousin Bubba that lives in Chucktown, good luck getting in before it's full.

If they wanted it to be fair, then they would do online registration.

Amen to the online registration, While it is not as bad as the Earlewood Classic (filled in 10 minutes last year) Charleston fills up fast.

I had to fedex our registrations for next day delivery or Kelly, Brad, Rick and I would not have got in.

If I had known you wanted to go, I would of sent one in for you too Dollar. Give me a heads-up next year and I will make sure you know what day they are posting the flyer.
Mike D
Champion Plastic

Postby dandaman » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:26 pm

Yup its full. The waitlist was 10 deep as well when I talked to Bob. Online registration is the best way to go (and fairest). I am deciding on playing the c tier in Huntsville on Dec 3rd (Lavone Wolfe designed course) and cold snake on Dec 4th.
Johnson! Keep an eye on that Kherplakistan situation...
dandaman
Star Plastic

Return to Disc Golf Tournaments