CHAINSAW Classic

Local Disc Golf Tournament Info

Moderator: ADGO BOD

CHAINSAW Classic

Postby SCdoubles » Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:31 am

The South Carolina CHAINSAW Classic is Sunday, November 20th in Walhalla, SC. It's a one round C Tier Tournament and part of the SCDGO Point Series. Lunch is included in your entry fee. All Divisions, from Novice to Pro and all age protected divisions will be offered. All preregistered AMs will get a players pack. They'll have a choice of a full color Buzzz or a Dri Fit shirt with the tournament logo.

Details can be found at SCdoubles.com or at GODGC.com. The registration form can be found in the side column on both those sites.
SCdoubles
DX Plastic

Re: CHAINSAW Classic

Postby billnchristy » Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:21 am

Great tourney and a great, short, technical course...tons of fun.
billnchristy
Star Plastic

Postby SCdoubles » Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:19 pm

Online registration is available at DiscGolfU.com. Details can be found at SCDoubles.com and by searcging Chainsaw Classic on facebook and clicking on the event listing.
SCdoubles
DX Plastic

Postby SCdoubles » Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:46 pm

We're down to less than 25 discs left. Still have plenty of Drifit shirts. Lunch is included in registration cost. Hope to see some Atlanta players on Sunday Nov. 20th.
SCdoubles
DX Plastic

Postby D-Wiz » Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:15 am

You will get a north Georgia player. Playing Walhalla for the first time later today after the sun comes up.
promoting D-GOLF since 2007
D-Wiz
Pro Plastic

Postby SCdoubles » Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:49 am

Awesome. I think half the players that have registered are from GA. Great little course. Looking forward to having to play in the tournament.
SCdoubles
DX Plastic

Postby SCdoubles » Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:06 am

All Divisions are being offered...giving players of all skill levels the chance to compete. Right now we have players registered in 10 different divisions...everything from Novice to Open. We have women in two different divisions and have at least one Juniors Players.

All AM players will get a choice of a Full Color Buzzz Golf Disc or a DriFit shirt with tournament logo. Must be preregistered to get players pack.
SCdoubles
DX Plastic

Postby D-Wiz » Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:05 am

D-Wiz wrote:You will get a north Georgia player. Playing Walhalla for the first time later today after the sun comes up.

Gotta say that was one of the funnest courses I've played in a while. Good course for an early release from work Friday with not much stress. D-golf is sometimes all about relaxation and watching them fly. :ugeek:

Check's in the mail...
promoting D-GOLF since 2007
D-Wiz
Pro Plastic

Postby SCdoubles » Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:57 pm

Awesome. We've had a fair share of GA players signing up to play. I was hoping that having it on a Sunday wouldn't hurt attendance.
SCdoubles
DX Plastic

Postby $Dollar$ » Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:00 am

SCdoubles wrote:The South Carolina CHAINSAW Classic is Sunday, November 20th in Walhalla, SC. It's a one round C Tier Tournament and part of the SCDGO Point Series. Lunch is included in your entry fee. All Divisions, from Novice to Pro and all age protected divisions will be offered. All preregistered AMs will get a players pack. They'll have a choice of a full color Buzzz or a Dri Fit shirt with the tournament logo.

Details can be found at SCdoubles.com or at GODGC.com. The registration form can be found in the side column on both those sites.

This is actually a 2 round tournament. If anyone from around ATL or Macon is going then I would like to carpool.
BAAAAKAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!
$Dollar$
Champion Plastic

Postby SCdoubles » Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:08 pm

My bad on saying one round. I had a call from an Atl pro on voice mail. Says he wants to head this way...wanted to know how long a drive it is...about an hour and a half to two hours. Were about 20 minutes past Toccoa.
SCdoubles
DX Plastic

Postby $Dollar$ » Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:04 pm

$Dollar$ wrote: If anyone from around ATL or Macon is going then I would like to carpool.

Anyone?
BAAAAKAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!
$Dollar$
Champion Plastic

Postby Sasquatch » Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:22 pm

$Dollar$ wrote:
$Dollar$ wrote: If anyone from around ATL or Macon is going then I would like to carpool.

Anyone?

PM sent.
Sasquatch
Barney

Postby SCdoubles » Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:51 pm

Online registration closes Wednesday at 10pm. If you decide to play after online registration closes you can email or text me. If you call there's a good chance I won't answer and it will take a fair amount of time for me to call back.

Looking forward to seeing some players from the ATL...
SCdoubles
DX Plastic

Postby SCdoubles » Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:21 am

We have about 20 spaces left for the tourney on Sunday. Please email, text or call me if you haven't register and you plan to play. My contact info can be found on the tourney flyer. The flyer is posted at SCDoubles.com and GODGC.com.
SCdoubles
DX Plastic

Postby SCdoubles » Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:33 am

Tournament is tomorrow. We have 67 players registered...so still plenty of room for some day of registrations.
SCdoubles
DX Plastic

Postby Ganapoes » Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:21 am

You will get a north Georgia player. Playing Walhalla for the first time later today after the sun comes up.
Ganapoes
Barney

Postby SCdoubles » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:28 am

Thanks to all the ATL Players and the Players from NEGA that came to play. We saw a 36 Hole course record set by Josh Childs shooting 44-40 and an 18 hole course record by Matt Dollar shooting a 39 in the 2nd round.
SCdoubles
DX Plastic

Postby Bootsie » Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:49 pm

sounds like the course was tuff
Bootsie
Pro Plastic

Postby Mike D » Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:03 pm

Nuff said.
Mike D
Champion Plastic

Postby SCdoubles » Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:57 pm

Its a short course with every hole is able to be deuced. A few tight spots here and there. You shape your lines well and you'll shoot well.

The Chainsaw Classic will always call this course home. Its the course that made national news wehn a man came out of the woods and went after two disc golfers one day. It you look at the bench on hole 13 you'll notice the man with a chainsaw carved it up pretty good.
SCdoubles
DX Plastic

Postby Bootsie » Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:07 am

are you saying that someone came running out of the woods with a chainsaw at people? texas style
Bootsie
Pro Plastic

Postby Mike D » Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:11 pm

WALHALLA, S.C. -- Police say a man was arrested Friday after he cranked up a chain saw and chased two Clemson University students on a disc golf course.

The students said they saw the man crouched over the chain saw on the course near Walhalla on Friday, when he suddenly turned on the chain saw and ran after them.

Walhalla police said 37-year-old Jerry Lee Roach already was facing an aggravated assault and battery charge from May when he tried to use a chain saw to attack an Oconee County sheriff's deputy.

An incident report said that during a bond hearing for the new charge, Roach became agitated. Police said Roach tried to physically intimidate the judge by standing over him and cursing, and then picking up a desk and shoving it toward him. An officer intervened and put Roach in a holding cell.

One of the Clemson students, who didn't want to be named, said she first saw Roach with the chain saw on a fairway.

"It sounded like he had it revved up enough to be cutting down trees which I was thinking was kind of strange," said the student. "The other person who was with me said we need to go right now and turned around and started running. Definitely my heart was racing. I was just scared because I didn't know if he was coming at us to hurt us, or if he was just running with the chainsaw or what. I wasn't going to stick around to find out."

The students called 911 and a neighbor said she heard the call go out on her police scanner.

"[Police] were coming down about a white male chasing somebody with a chainsaw and Jerry [Roach] just had come through my front door, so automatically I knew it was him," said neighbor Ciera Neal.

Neal said she's known Roach her whole life and says he's mentally challenged. She doesn't believe Roach would hurt anyone.

"You can imagine though not knowing [Roach] and being afraid," said News 4's Mandy Gaither.

"I understand that, but at the same time the police department knows who he is. They shouldn't have let him out in May, when he got arrested for the same thing," said Neal.

Jerry Lee Roach

The Clemson senior is just happy no one was hurt.

"I don't want to be the cause that [Roach] has to spend the rest of his life in jail, but if you're going to hurt someone, which could have possibly happened on Friday, he doesn't need to be on the streets anymore," said the student.

Roach is being held in the Oconee County jail on charges of first-degree assault and intimidation.

Read more: http://www.wyff4.com/news/24245867/deta ... z1eSHM4EQW
Mike D
Champion Plastic

Postby SCdoubles » Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:40 pm

Bootsie wrote:are you saying that someone came running out of the woods with a chainsaw at people? texas style

Yes. After that happened we moved the Golden Corner Classic from Seneca to Walhalla and changed the name to the Chainsaw Classic. If you look at the bench on 13 and some of the trees along holes 8, 12 and 13 you'll see where he hacked some stuff up.

Anyway...the results are now on the PDGA site.
SCdoubles
DX Plastic

Return to Disc Golf Tournaments