Short Notice Eagle Scout Tournament Saturday 9-17-2011 9AM

Local Disc Golf Tournament Info

Moderator: ADGO BOD

Short Notice Eagle Scout Tournament Saturday 9-17-2011 9AM

Postby coleridge » Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:31 am

Hi all, I got word of a tournament tomorrow morning at Wills park. An eagle scout who is not in the disc golf community as much as any of us is putting the tournament on. He really probably needs help and is asking me about rules etc. I will be there and hopefully someone more familiar than I am will also attend, that's why I'm posting here. The more the merrier, I know it's short notice, but I'm told he only got approval to do the tournament this week and he has to do it by his 18th birthday, so thats the cause.

The registration is from 9:00am to 10:00am and the tournament starts at 10:05 AM, it will be 1 round of singles.
The entry fee is $10 as a donation to the eagle scout project which I think will include a lost and found disc return box, and some other course improvements. He did get a $40 gift card to the PGA superstore for first place and a $20 gift card for second and third place, so there is something in it for any of you who show up as I'm sure most everyone else will be a casual player.

I don't have any more info, but given the short notice, you can call me on my cell phone at 770-712-2773 if you need to arrange something.
Thanks, hopefully I'll see some of you I haven't seen in forever since I haven't been playing disc golf lately.
David Altfeld
coleridge
Barney

Re: Short Notice Eagle Scout Tournament Saturday 9-17-2011 9

Postby VERMIN » Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:47 am

Where is check in?
Speakin' the vernacular of the peasantry. Poor little kid, I hope she gets home all right....Professor Marvel

Vern Williams - ADGO #120 - PDGA #27359
VERMIN
Star Plastic

Postby coleridge » Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:35 pm

The wills park equestrian center website says they have a horse show type event tomorrow and Sunday, so I am going to make a firm statement of "the pavillion in the fairway of Hole 12" and if the pavilion is in use (hopefully won't be from 9am to 10am) then as close to it as possible.
Man how did I get in the middle of this :)
coleridge
Barney

Postby VERMIN » Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:34 pm

coleridge wrote:The wills park equestrian center website says they have a horse show type event tomorrow and Sunday, so I am going to make a firm statement of "the pavillion in the fairway of Hole 12" and if the pavilion is in use (hopefully won't be from 9am to 10am) then as close to it as possible.

One more question: How did you get in the middle of this? :think:
Speakin' the vernacular of the peasantry. Poor little kid, I hope she gets home all right....Professor Marvel

Vern Williams - ADGO #120 - PDGA #27359
VERMIN
Star Plastic

Postby coleridge » Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:07 pm

It's my coworker's little brother doing the project. Th coworker told me about it months ago, but there were some issues in the boy scout heirarchy that kept his little brother from making it official until just now.
Basically they were saying he couldn't do the project and then released him on it a couple days ago finally.
Anyway, thats it.
coleridge
Barney

Postby keith johnson » Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:19 pm

coleridge wrote:The wills park equestrian center website says they have a horse show type event tomorrow and Sunday, so I am going to make a firm statement of "the pavillion in the fairway of Hole 12" and if the pavilion is in use (hopefully won't be from 9am to 10am) then as close to it as possible.

David,
With the new redesign - there is no pavilion in the middle of hole 12 (Hole 12 is in the woods) - it is now hole 18. If you haven't been there since DEC 21st, 2010 - you will not recognize Wills Park's Course.

Hole 1 and the practice basket is on the Wills Rd side of the tennis courts. The Rec Center / Tennis Courts/ Disc Golf Course parking lot is one and the same with overflow parking in the lot in front of the Ball fields and Wacky World playground.

Good luck tomorrow and thanks to the Eagle Scout for this project - which will be the 3rd Eagle Scout project (of 4) benefitting the Disc Golf course since the redesign began last SEPT. (6 concrete tees, and the bridges from 2-3 and 12-13 were the first 2 - and the set of benches will be the 4th later this year).

I will be chaperoning my daughters chorus retreat from 8:30am-4 pm, so I will miss being there.
Father of Future World Champion Lorelei Johnson #13697
keith johnson

Return to Disc Golf Tournaments