ACE RACE -- Oregon Park -- September 17, 2011

Local Disc Golf Tournament Info

Moderator: ADGO BOD

ACE RACE -- Oregon Park -- September 17, 2011

Postby Lewis » Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:26 am

This year's Ace Race at Oregon Park will be on Saturday, September 17.

Check-in will last from 8-8:45am with a players' meeting at 9am. Tee off will start at 9:30.

We had 94 players at our Ace Race last year, and are hoping to get a full 100 this year. We will be grouping into teams as we have in years past, but the grand prize will still go to the person with the single best individual score, according to Ace Race tradition.

As with all Ace Races, the main entry fee is $25, but we may have optional side action. We will have signups available soon.

Follow this thread for more information as our TD develops his plans, and in the meantime, if you've never attended an Ace Race, check out Discraft's Ace Race website for information about the format.

http://discgolfacerace.com/
Lewis
Champion Plastic

Re: ACE RACE -- Oregon Park -- September 17, 2011

Postby Rnance7 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:57 am

Wow, can't wait for this...
PDGA #48614
Rnance7
DX Plastic

Postby Henderson » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:01 pm

Lewis wrote:As with all Ace Races, the main entry fee is $25, but we may have optional side action. We will have signups available soon.

Follow this thread for more information as our TD develops his plans, and in the meantime, if you've never attended an Ace Race, check out Discraft's Ace Race website for information about the format.

Looking for the sign up... and "more information as our TD develops..." Just over 3 weeks away now and hoping to get signed up for it ;)
Henderson
Barney

Postby ScottyD » Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:15 pm

This looks so fun but I think its outta my league. are spectators allowed?
ScottyD
Barney

Postby atl scott » Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:36 am

Ace Races are all about fun and players of all skill levels are welcome! You'd have fun, meet some new people, and get some discs. I highly recommend you play. However, spectators are always welcome!
atl scott
Pro Plastic

Postby BP » Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:27 am

This tournament is truly for anyone! Every hole is set so that anyone can reach it distance wise. You take your one shot and you're done. It's a great deal for $25 as you get two discs & a bag! Several people will register and not even play so they can get the "gear"... :mrgreen:
Bob Pressley
PDGA # 42766
http://www.disccaddie.com
Marietta Square
BP
Pro Plastic

Postby Lewis » Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:32 pm

Didn't realize I haven't said it here, but you can sign up online on the club's website at http://cobbdiscgolf.com with the paypal link to the 2011 Ace Race. So far 30 people have pre-registered, and they're really flowing in this week, so if you can't preregister, be sure to come out early on Saturday morning to reserve your spot. Last year we had over 90 players, but our numbers have been growing every year and we have only ordered 100 player's packs. Don't be left out!
Lewis
Champion Plastic

Postby Lewis » Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:34 pm

BP wrote:This tournament is truly for anyone! Every hole is set so that anyone can reach it distance wise. You take your one shot and you're done. It's a great deal for $25 as you get two discs & a bag! Several people will register and not even play so they can get the "gear"... :mrgreen:

Also a high quality baseball cap unless they've changed the player's pack this year.
Lewis
Champion Plastic

Postby Lance » Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:52 am

Is this a one round deal? Anyone have an idea how long the event lasts? I'd love to play but i have something to do early afternoon...
Lance
Barney

Postby BP » Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:11 pm

The bag is replacing the hat this year...

Lewis wrote:
BP wrote:This tournament is truly for anyone! Every hole is set so that anyone can reach it distance wise. You take your one shot and you're done. It's a great deal for $25 as you get two discs & a bag! Several people will register and not even play so they can get the "gear"... :mrgreen:

Also a high quality baseball cap unless they've changed the player's pack this year.
Bob Pressley
PDGA # 42766
http://www.disccaddie.com
Marietta Square
BP
Pro Plastic

Postby craigd » Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:20 pm

Lance wrote:Is this a one round deal? Anyone have an idea how long the event lasts? I'd love to play but i have something to do early afternoon...

Two rounds and the course is going to be set up with approx 40 holes :-o :shock: . Bring your sleeping bags :)
Craig Dickerson
PDGA# 38061
ADGO# 258
craigd
Pro Plastic

Postby Lewis » Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:48 pm

Short version of the results:

We sold 95 player's packs and had 84 participants. The players combined for 33 aces and 96 metal hits. Clark (last name unknown to me), who scored 3 aces and 2 metals, narrowly beat out Nick Richardson, who scored 3 aces and 1 metal, for the grand prize. Three players had two aces and a bunch more had at least one, including Phillip Zakas, who added 7 metal hits to his 1 ace. In the team competition, Team Disc Caddie beat 9 other teams with 7 aces and 9 metals for 44 total points*. Two other teams had over 40 points, so it was a close contest at the top. The winning team got to choose from among a set of discs donated by cobb disc golf club members. Congratulations to the winners!

We may post a long version of the results before long on the cobbdiscgolf.com website. I have posted a few photos, including a group photo, on the event's page on the discgolfscene.com website. These will also probably make their way to our club's website as well. If you took any photos of the event, send them to me or Scott Hazlett and we can see about posting them as well.

*For the team competition, aces were worth 5 points and metal hits were worth 1. The points system was not applied to the individual competition for the grand prize provided by Discraft.
Lewis
Champion Plastic

Postby mrpbody33 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:34 pm

Did you miss out on the Ace Race at Oregon Park? Well you are in luck because there is going to be one on the south side!

Here - viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3519
Barry "Mr. P'body" Arnson
PDGA# 28128
ADGO# 133
http://discgolfatlanta.com/
mrpbody33

Return to Disc Golf Tournaments