Upstate SC Clinic with 4 of SC's finest women DG'rs Aug 29

Local Disc Golf Tournament Info

Moderator: ADGO BOD

Upstate SC Clinic with 4 of SC's finest women DG'rs Aug 29

Postby billnchristy » Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:54 pm

I have talked about this in other posts but I really want to get this out there. Guys pack the car up and get your girl to Holmes Park on the 29th.

2pm start time lets you get up there, play Timmons or Century park or Foothills and then caddy for your girl during the clinic.

The Upstate club is cooking dinner for everyone so after the clinic everyone can eat and then play a round of doubles.

Teachers are:

Christine Savvakis - teaching rules, etiquette & warm up
Tabatha Simon- teaching driving backhand
Sara Nicholson- teaching putting
Sarah Stanhope- teaching sidearm

That's right...World champ and 2x Vibram champ teaching that awesome sidearm

8 of 24 spots are full.

This event is part of the PDGA Innovation Grant series and all women will get 2 discs (Cheetah & Aviar, XD, or Dart) a mini, and a rulebook.

In addition Mellow Mushroom, Alpine Ski & Sport, and Iron Lion DG have donated gifts and giftcards.

Lastly, the completely selfless players of the SC doubles donated $415 of their winnings to the girls to buy bags, water bottles, coozies, discs, and other supplies to the clinic so every woman will get some extra swag as well.

All this for $12!! :o

So...pay $12, get $20 in players pack, an at least $5 free lunch, and any number of prizes values at over a total of $600 and on top of that 4 of the most awesome women you have ever met teaching your girl, wife, friend, sister, mom, mistress the great sport of disc golf.

On top of that every woman will get a frame by frame analysis of her drive and possibly a putt as well. This is invaluable, I just discovered that I could do this and you can spot form flaws instantly.

Each girl will get her drive as well as one of the instructors so they can be compared and analyzed.

Here is the Upstate thread so you can check on sign up status:
http://www.upstatedgc.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=573
billnchristy
Star Plastic

Re: Upstate SC Clinic with 4 of SC's finest women DG'rs Aug

Postby billnchristy » Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:40 pm

Here are the pics from today for the 2 ATL women that came and learned and played.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/52731611@N ... 836831022/
billnchristy
Star Plastic

Return to Disc Golf Tournaments