USDGC Rep - 2 chances at courses chosen by the players of GA

Local Disc Golf Tournament Info

Moderator: ADGO BOD

USDGC Rep - 2 chances at courses chosen by the players of GA

Postby keith johnson » Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:15 pm

Georgia’s USDGC State Representative Information

The top 2 vote getting courses have been chosen and the polls have been closed, and this will now hopefully give everyone time to make plans for playing one or both of the qualifiers to be the representative for Georgia. I know this will not make EVERYONE happy, but I think it’s a fair compromise to give several players a TRUE shot at the title, by combining what the players were asking for and still getting the Rep chosen in time to meet the USDGC deadline for entrants.

This information will hopefully make MOST of the players who wish to have a chance to represent Georgia happy, while allowing people who can’t play on a Saturday or a Sunday equal opportunities to Qualify as the two qualifiers will be held one on a Sat and one on a Sun.

To give everyone as fair a shot as possible the qualifying will take place on June 6th, 2009 at White Oak Park in Dallas, GA and on June 14th, 2009 at Perkerson Park in Atlanta, GA.
Signups will be from 8:15 to 9:15 AM the day of EACH Event with a first round tee off at 9:45AM There will be NO PRE-REGISTRATIONS accepted. Players must pay in CASH only. If you are not paying to play in the Qualifier, you are welcome to watch the action and support your favorite golfer.
The top 4 players from EACH weekend will then play on August 9th at Central Park’s Supersized layout for the state spot. This gives 8 people a fair shot at the title, and if someone had an off day on the 6th, they can try again on the 14th to make it into the top 4. Or if someone plays better at one course over the other they could take their chances without feeling it was the course that cost them a shot at the spot.

Seeing that now there are two qualifiers and a final, I am adjusting the prices and doing something at the same time to help the 2 courses the Qualifiers will be held at.
The Entry fee will be 20 dollars at either qualifier with 15 dollars going to the entry fee and expenses of the overall winner from the 8 finalists and the other 5 dollars going to the course fund for Perkerson Park(from their entries) and the Tee Pad fund at White Oak(from their entries). If 15-20 players show at each qualifier the Entry fee for the USDGC will be covered and there will be plenty of extra money left over for the winners’ expenses. The 5th place finisher at each Qualifier will get their 20 dollars back and there will be NO OTHER PAYOUTS to anyone else.
If anyone who is in the top 4 at White Oak wishes to compete at Perkerson on the 14th their score will NOT be counted if they finish in the top 4 and the spot will move down to the persons with the top 4 scores at Perkerson NOT ALREADY QUALIFIED (just as USDGC spots are given away at Regional Events)

At Central Park we will hold an Event where the top 8 finalists from the 2 qualifiers will play 2 rounds at NO COST and battle it out for the lone spot to be the State Rep. All others who also wish to play will only pay 10 dollars with payouts to the top 50% of the field EXCLUDING the winner from the 8 finalists who will be getting the money from the 2 Qualifiers and the entry for the USDGC paid for. Other players in the Field at CENTRAL are limited to 32 other players MAX - NO EXCEPTIONS.

I sincerely hope that you all will be satisfied with the 2 courses you have chosen for the Qualifiers to be held at and with having the 2 dates that ANYONE who possibly wants to have a chance to be the State Rep will come out and try to qualify.

Keith Johnson
PDGA Georgia State Coordinator
Father of Future World Champion Lorelei Johnson #13697
keith johnson

Re: USDGC Georgia State Representative Event - June 21st

Postby vach » Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:50 pm

Keith did you seriously make the qualifier the same weekend as an "A" tier in Birmingham????!!!!!!! WTF! PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE change this event to the weekend before or after. There is no action either of these weekends except for the IDGC tournament on the 20th. Seems like a no brainer to me, I doubt I'm the only pro in GA that would like to go to both of these events.
vach
Barney

Postby Funky Bobby J » Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:55 pm

vach wrote:Keither did you seriously make the qualifier the same weekend as an "A" tier in Birmingham????!!!!!!! WTF! PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE change this even to the weekend before or after. There is no action either of these weekends except for the Appling tournament on the 20th. Seems like a no brainer to me, I doubt I'm the only pro in GA that would like to go to both of these events.

We are trying to arrange things so that either me or Gomez will be the qualifier -
Living in the United States where the hottest European import is Plutocracy...
Funky Bobby J
Star Plastic

Postby keith johnson » Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:59 pm

vach wrote:Keith did you seriously make the qualifier the same weekend as an "A" tier in Birmingham????!!!!!!! WTF! PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE change this event to the weekend before or after. There is no action either of these weekends except for the IDGC tournament on the 20th. Seems like a no brainer to me, I doubt I'm the only pro in GA that would like to go to both of these events.

Yes Vach I understand, It is extremely difficult to find a weekend that did not conflict with other PDGA Events, AND could fit with scheduling at Central, AND be done in time for the USDGC deadline for registration. There are only 2 free weekends and 1 of them involves the Saturday before Worlds, and the other was the day I picked. I knew about the Event and had originally chosen the 13th or 27th as the day, but there are things going on with Central those weekend days, so that left the 21st which is NOT what I wished to do by running 2 Events at 2 locations 2 days in a row, but it has to be run sometime. I could always just do it like some other states and just pick someone, or have an essay contest, but in my opinion, it is something that should be decided on a course that has some challenges similar to what the players will face in Rock Hill.

I wish I could make everyone happy, I wish there was more weeks left to choose from, but unless it is run on New Years Day, I don't think there is a free weekend left in the state anymore. I don't think it affects more than 2-3 golfers, whereas using another states options for choosing a contestant affects EVERY other golfer in the state.

Keith
keith johnson

Postby vach » Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:46 am

Keith, check the pdga calander again. In the month of June there is not a single tournament on a Sunday in the state of Georgia, but you just had to pick the same weekend of an "A" tier that is only two hours away. I realize that there may not be that many golfers going to the Solstice Summer Sizzler because a lot of people will be going to your tournament the day before. However your tournament is already full... so what about people who did not get in, or are choosing to play the Alabama tourney?....Now they have to decide on simply not attending their state qualifying tournament, or missing out on an "A" tier for the slim chance that they might get first place in the qualifying tournament!

Second of all, there are other courses suitable for a USDGC qualifier other than Central Park.....so if June 21st is the only day Central will let us have an event, then that excuse is LAME.

Basically you could have choosen any Sunday in June (besides the 21st) to have the qualifier, and it would not have conflicted with any major tournaments. This may be irrelevant, but I have noticed that this is not the only time you have scheduled an event the same weekend as a Solstice event....what's up with that? I know that it's *neat* that the super six series are all six weeks apart, but I don't understand why you are so stubborn that you have to schedule your events the same weekend as major event only two hours away.

Look, I understand that players have the option of not playing in your tournament, it does give them more options, but look at it this way...Players who play in the USDGC are best of the best, and these are the same players that usually play in "A" tiers and other big events. Those that know me know that I hardly ever even make posts on this message board, and I usually keep my opinions pretty reserved. Maybe I'm taking this too personal, but I definately think that our state qualifer should be on a different day. Somebody please back me up on this.
vach
Barney

Postby jritger » Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:14 am

just throwing it out there to stir the pot some more.... you could probably run @ perkerson on a different date.... higher par & SSA than supersized CP, more centrally located, more similarities to winthrop gold, get a bigger turnout & more $$ to the winner...just sayin' you could
jritger

Postby mr.disc » Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:05 pm

check.
"Feared by deer, Adored by women"
mr.disc
Champion Plastic

Postby djester » Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:50 pm

jritger wrote:just throwing it out there to stir the pot some more (with a 50hp blender) .... you could probably run @ perkerson on a different date.... higher par & SSA than supersized CP, more centrally located, more similarities to winthrop gold, get a bigger turnout & more $$ to the winner...just sayin' you could

Rope it all off!!!! I have some extra twine that I've been saving for just this kind of situation..... :P
When everyone makes a word in italics, I can't help but to think of Captian Kirk (William Shatner) :lol:
My posse's on Broadway!
djester
Post Bagger!!

Postby $Dollar$ » Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:05 pm

SCREW CENTRAL!!!!! no one wants to play there anyway.
BAAAAKAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!
$Dollar$
Champion Plastic

Postby Funky Bobby J » Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:08 pm

I know Lenora is waaaaaaay better - whatever 'tard!!??? :roll:
Funky Bobby J
Star Plastic

Postby $Dollar$ » Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:25 pm

This really isn't fair to the pro players not in GSSS4. That tourny was full before our State Rep tourny was even announced. Many pros arent constantly monitoring this messageboard. I didnt even know registration had opened until it was already full, luckily I already had a spot (by the way it sucks that there are only 9 pro players!)

I believe that the player that can best repersent our state at the USDGC should go. 2 of the 9 in GSSS4 are qualified. So thats 7 pros that can play GSSS4 and our state rep tourny. i have 2 points- 1.more pro players may have signed up fopr GSSS4 if they new they couldnt play The Summer Solstice and our state rep tourny. and #2-the better players play bigger tournys, so how will the best player to repersent our state at USDGC be in 2 places at once?
BAAAAKAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!
$Dollar$
Champion Plastic

Postby Big Red » Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:49 pm

This is not a fair situation. Even though I don't play open yet I was considering playing the qualifier for the hell of it but not now. I have been planning on going to the Solstice tournament for months. Why not have the qualifier at J.P. Mosely?
I've got more game than a busted Atari.
Big Red
Champion Plastic

Postby Funky Bobby J » Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:18 pm

jritger wrote:just throwing it out there to stir the pot some more.... you could probably run @ perkerson on a different date.... higher par & SSA than supersized CP, more centrally located, more similarities to winthrop gold, get a bigger turnout & more $$ to the winner...just sayin' you could

For that matter, the crucible is better still and we might be able to raise a nice chunk of change for the winner. There would be a nice crowd waiting in line even if they did not have a chance at winning...
Funky Bobby J
Star Plastic

Postby Imran » Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:31 pm

Vach does have a good point.
Keith, can't you reschedule it to a Sunday?

Seems like we have a lot of options at our disposal. - various courses, various days, etc...
Give it some thought.
damn..., that is one fine piece of plastic.
Imran

Postby Woodrow » Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:39 pm

vach wrote:.....but I don't understand why you are so stubborn....
Really?! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Woodrow

Postby Chinn » Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:50 pm

jritger wrote:just throwing it out there to stir the pot some more.... you could probably run @ perkerson on a different date.... higher par & SSA than supersized CP, more centrally located, more similarities to winthrop gold, get a bigger turnout & more $$ to the winner...just sayin' you could

WOW.....what a great suggestion!!!! Perkerson is a gem of a course and having it there especially if Ritger is giving the OK, just makes sense. Besides the great reasons already listed above (location for everyone being the ideal!).....its a temp course that we all want to become permanent. It could only help the cause.........just my two cents. 8)
PDGA #33045
Chinn
Barney

Postby keith johnson » Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:37 pm

Imran wrote:Keith, can't you reschedule it to a Sunday?

It is a Sunday. :roll:
keith johnson

Postby keith johnson » Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:07 pm

vach wrote:Keith, check the pdga calander again.

June 27-28th - Mosquito Madness C Tier - Hardeeville, SC & Pooler, GA

For a smart guy, to take something and make it personal is not very intelligent.
And for someone who has YOUR sponsor as the DRIVING force behind almost EVERYTHING in my Series, you honestly don't really think I'm doing anything personal to you or Chris or Rand and the players in Georgia.

I've already stated the reseaons, I worked for 3 weeks to find some other Sunday for Central.

I'm sorry to anyone who can't play, but with only 26 players form around the state who played last year with NO CALENDAR CONFLICTS, it doesn't seem to be a spot that too many who want to try for the USDGC seem to be gointg out of their way for either way.
keith johnson

Postby keith johnson » Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:31 pm

When the USDGC has Travellers on their course, I'll consider a course that is a temp course. :mrgreen:

"TheP" has nowhere near the similarities to Winthrop than CP does. And CP is configured to Be "ready to play" at any time.

Thanks for your stirring though, it is appreciated.
keith johnson

Postby keith johnson » Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:31 pm

mr.disc wrote:check.

Mate
keith johnson

Postby keith johnson » Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:43 pm

$Dollar$ wrote:SCREW CENTRAL!!!!! no one wants to play there anyway.

I'm sorry you feel that way and you are entitled to your opinion.

Just means another Quality 1000 rated player won't be there.
keith johnson

Postby keith johnson » Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:01 pm

$Dollar$ wrote:This really isn't fair to the pro players not in GSSS4. That tourny was full before our State Rep tourny was even announced. Many pros arent constantly monitoring this messageboard. I didnt even know registration had opened until it was already full, luckily I already had a spot (by the way it sucks that there are only 9 pro players!)

I believe that the player that can best repersent our state at the USDGC should go. 2 of the 9 in GSSS4 are qualified. So thats 7 pros that can play GSSS4 and our state rep tourny. i have 2 points- 1.more pro players may have signed up fopr GSSS4 if they new they couldnt play The Summer Solstice and our state rep tourny. and #2-the better players play bigger tournys, so how will the best player to repersent our state at USDGC be in 2 places at once?

Yes it does suck that there are only 9 pros with everything they benefit from by playing in them. But it's THEIR lloss and I can't control that.
The GSSS has nothing to do with the State qualifier as it didn't last year, or any year going forward.

Any Pro who doesn't know about the GSSS by now, doesn't care to play in them, or wants to whine instead, whether they EVER see the message board or not.
And someone who has played in them should be the first ones to "help their PRO friends know about them if they want the numbers, the same way the AMS tell each other about Events not to miss. :shock:
keith johnson

Postby keith johnson » Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:09 pm

Big Red wrote:This is not a fair situation. Even though I don't play open yet I was considering playing the qualifier for the hell of it but not now. I have been planning on going to the Solstice tournament for months. Why not have the qualifier at J.P. Mosely?

I'm just gonna give it to Lorelei for the holidays instead, as it will be a good experience for her after Worlds in KC - Worlds and USDGC in one year, what else could anyone ask for?

It would keep Eveyone else from whining about the course and day if nothing else. :mrgreen:
keith johnson

Postby keith johnson » Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:11 pm

I've got millions of them left boys and girls, don't give up now.
keith johnson

Postby jonp » Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:20 pm

keith johnson wrote:

Mosquito Madness C Hardeeville, SC/Pooler, GA Sat-Sun, Jun 20-21, 2009

???

I hate missing both an A-tier and Savannah :(
Hur man än vänder sig är alltid ändan bak
jonp
Site Admin

Postby djester » Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:28 pm

keith johnson wrote:

When the USDGC has Travellers on their course, I'll consider a course that is a temp course. :mrgreen:
Quit hating on the purple suit pimp that "pimped" you during the action at Perkerson. :P (another bogus reason for not playing well in a tournament btw)
"TheP" has nowhere near the similarities to Winthrop than CP does. (O.B. on every hole, plus risk/reward on every hole doesn't count?) And CP is configured to Be "ready to play" at any time. (At any time??? Then why not on the weekend that you want to?)

Central is not like the USDGC course.

It is near your house and is easier to run the action from. (plays a part I would think)
My posse's on Broadway!
djester
Post Bagger!!

Postby djester » Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:37 pm

I'm pretty sure we could get all metal for this and it wouldn't be a problem. The reason for the fabric baskets is that it would be very expensive to buy all 18 and I have no clue how they could be brought by one person (John). common sense should have kicked in by now)

Maybe John would change the rules for hole 18 just for you?? :lol:

At Least think of a different course to achieve a different weekend and more players.... it's not rocket science.... or is it?
My posse's on Broadway!
djester
Post Bagger!!

Postby djester » Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:41 pm

keith johnson wrote:

great way to look at things..... (boo's & hisses from the crowds) 8)
My posse's on Broadway!
djester
Post Bagger!!

Postby keith johnson » Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:43 pm

djester wrote:
keith johnson wrote:

Quit hating on the purple suit pimp that "pimped" you during the action at Perkerson. :P (another bogus reason for not playing well in a tournament btw)
"TheP" has nowhere near the similarities to Winthrop than CP does. (O.B. on every hole, plus risk/reward on every hole doesn't count?) And CP is configured to Be "ready to play" at any time. (At any time??? Then why not on the weekend that you want to?)

It is near your house and is easier to run the action from. (plays a part I would think)

Never said it was and never said I don't like "theP" - you can stop twisting things to fit your "dead horse scenario" now :lol:
keith johnson

Postby keith johnson » Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:45 pm

djester wrote:I'm pretty sure we could get all metal for this and it wouldn't be a problem. The reason for the fabric baskets is that it would be very expensive to buy all 18 and I have no clue how they could be brought by one person (John). common sense should have kicked in by now)

Maybe John would change the rules for hole 18 just for you?? :lol:

At Least think of a different course to achieve a different weekend and more players.... it's not rocket science.... or is it?

John doesn't have to change ANYTHING for me or anyone else, nor would I ask him to. He is a smart guy who knows what makes a good hole and a good course, he can figure stuff out all by himself.

Date, time and place are set - you can be there or not, your call.
keith johnson

Postby keith johnson » Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:04 pm

djester wrote:
keith johnson wrote:

great way to look at things..... (boo's & hisses from the crowds) 8)

The way to look at it is as it stands - an opportunity to represent your home state at the GREATEST disc golf Event in the country - if something else means more to you than that 20 dollar opportunity, that is YOUR call, and yours and eveyone elses decision to make on thier own.

I feel sorry for all the Supersized CP haters in 2010. - you all have 17 months to get ready for the NEXT big Event in the state. :shock: :wink:
keith johnson

Postby keith johnson » Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:06 pm

It's boring just replying to Josh - doesn't anyone else wish to play? :(
keith johnson

Postby djester » Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:08 pm

shucks.... I'm all figured out now.... guess I'll just go and drink some more kool-aid from the KJ cooler :|

(see you at the qualifier, I'm poor and can't afford any other tournaments anyways)

p.s.... don't keep us in the dark.... what's in the plans? :?
My posse's on Broadway!
djester
Post Bagger!!

Postby djester » Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:09 pm

we could just talk on the phone instead..... :oops:
My posse's on Broadway!
djester
Post Bagger!!

Postby keith johnson » Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:44 pm

djester wrote:we could just talk on the phone instead..... :oops:
All in due time my friend - as evidenced by this thread, the less I say until EVERYTHING is set, the better, as the next thing I know I'll be listening to 17 months of the same crap even though it benefits them.
keith johnson

Postby keith johnson » Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:48 pm

I'll be back to have some more fun Wed nite after Wills dubs.

Feel free to discuss amongst yourselves, as I won't be getting verklempt over everyone's histrionics. :mrgreen:

Good night to all!
keith johnson

Postby Woodrow » Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:34 am

Keith, I think that you, as our State Coordinator and a REPRESENTATIVE of OUR interest should take in to account the opinions of those you represent. When and how and where the GEORGIA STATE REPRESENTATIVE to the USDGC is decided should not be up to you alone. It's high time that decision is not dependent on what suits you, but what suits the Georgia Disc Golf community as a whole. OUR representative, our opinion. It ain't all about you Keith.

Your suggestions usually have some merit, but some respect for others would go a long way in ingratiating the same for yourself. Just because you feel Central park is the ONLY place or that day is the ONLY day doesn't validate your arguments. Don't be such a dick about everything and everyone will work with you rather than against you and you'll make a lot more people happy. When you dictate to all of us and go off on your tirades on why you're right and everyone else is wrong, it only propagates more dissent. Be nice, man. You'll get so much more done and have a much better time doing it.

Perhaps, the better approach may have been to solicit opinions on where and when before it got to be so urgent. Maybe even ask for some help in getting it all done. There's no reason why someone else could not assist you or why it has to be at any particular park or on any particular day or for that matter, any day at all. Perhaps that's not even the best way to decide our rep. Have you even asked?

That's my biggest problem with you Keith. You dictate and demand. Sure, you have responsibilities as our State Rep, but that doesn't mean you should make everyone bend to your will. Be our representative, not our dictator.
Woodrow

Postby vach » Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:00 am

well said woodrow
vach
Barney

Postby TeeBird » Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:39 am

good god guys play it or dont play it.. Its that simple, sure maybe it sucks but Im playing the gsss at meeks and I think I will play it as well.like the sticker says shut up and throw lol
J.R. Bowers PDGA# 37857 TEAM GREENHILLWOOD POSSE
TeeBird
DX Plastic

Postby jritger » Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:40 am

fully agreed with Woody.

Keith >> the weekend of June 21 has 2 major conflicts -- an A tier within 2 hours & the savannah C tier. As state coordinator you should not ignore that and you should represent what people want. You do neither.

Why not move it to the following weekend of June 28 when there are no conflicting events in the area? Or you could pick another date that also has minimal conflicts. If CP is only available on june 21, consider other venues. JP Moseley, Sandy Creek, Perkerson....all available & all comparable to CP.

Yes, people will still play in your event if you keep it on June 21....but many more people will play if you change the date to another weekend with no major schedule conflicts. And i'll go out on a limb and say that the majority of people that will play in this event would prefer that you change the date. Minimizing conflicts is your basic core role as state coordinator. Do your job. Doesn't have to be set in stone just because you so decreed it.
jritger

Postby Can't Hit Open Putts » Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:07 am

Representative n.1 A person or thing serving as an example or type. 2 One who serves as a delegate.
adj.1 examplary of others in the same class; typical.

just sayin'
Is this post really necessary?
Can't Hit Open Putts
Champion Plastic

Postby Big Red » Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:47 am

I have to say aside from Keith's comments this is probably the largest number of logical posts I have ever seen made by disc golfers on the same thread. Woody, John, you said it perfectly. Everyone appreciates what you do for Georgia disc golf Keith so why the machismo?
Big Red
Champion Plastic

Postby matlack » Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:06 am

I was trying to stay away from this but to be honest this is crap. Now all the top pros in the state that travel and play A tiers, will have to miss one for a chance to be the rep. The pooler/ savannah tourny is 5 hours away for a c-tier, most would not travel to. The a tier is in birmingham, 2 hours away. I understand that you worked hard on this but its garbage. So basically anyone who wasn't signed up for your tourny the day before, has to either skip out on the a tier, or miss the usdgc rep spot. Garbage.
matlack
Barney

Postby Ridesbrd » Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:41 am

It is LAME that he is running it on a weekend that most pro's will be out of town.

It is GOOD that he gives us all an opportunity (weak at best i know) for the spot, in Arizona they give it to the person with the deepest pocket donations to the club. Or the coordinators best friend so to speak, I am not dogging them out though as the spot can go to whoever the state rep sees fit.

I may have to come down if everyone is out.

Also it would be a good time to be thinking about the State Representative spot coming up for election, I hope that some of you vocal ones will run or find someone worthy of taking the spot.
Ridesbrd
Champion Plastic

Postby jritger » Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:10 pm

After a little digging on the PDGA site...

This year the elections will be shortened from two months to one month and will take place from July 1 to July 31, with the elected candidates assuming office as of September 1, 2009.

VOTING PROCEDURES

During the first week of July all current members for whom the PDGA has an email address on file will receive an email from vote-now.com with their PDGA online election instructions including their individual ballot passcode.

2009 STATE/PROVINCE ELECTIONS

Here is the list of coordinator positions up for election this year, and the names of the incumbents. Terms for these positions will be September 1, 2009 - August 31, 2011 unless otherwise noted.
Georgia – Keith Johnson #10444

SUBMITTING YOUR CANDIDACY

If you are interested in running for the Coordinator position in your home state or province, download a candidate biography questionnaire from http://www.pdga.com/elections. This form may also be requested by contacting executive director Brian Graham at bgraham@pdga.com or (706) 261-6342. The completed form must be returned to the office along with a candidate statement no later than May 29, 2009.
jritger

Postby Imran » Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:13 pm

Woody, very well put. My sentiments exactly.
Just not sure if it's sinking in. I would guess not.

Keith, just simply this and you can do whatever because that's what you do.
As State Coordinator, you should listen and adjust to the voice of whom you represent.
But whatever, I'm not going to waste any more of my fingers on this.
The whole damn world could be complaining, yet would still continue on your highlighted path.
It's the same old issues...
Imran

Postby Ridesbrd » Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:24 pm

jritger wrote:After a little digging on the PDGA site...

This year the elections will be shortened from two months to one month and will take place from July 1 to July 31, with the elected candidates assuming office as of September 1, 2009.

VOTING PROCEDURES

During the first week of July all current members for whom the PDGA has an email address on file will receive an email from vote-now.com with their PDGA online election instructions including their individual ballot passcode.

2009 STATE/PROVINCE ELECTIONS

Here is the list of coordinator positions up for election this year, and the names of the incumbents. Terms for these positions will be September 1, 2009 - August 31, 2011 unless otherwise noted.
Georgia – Keith Johnson #10444

SUBMITTING YOUR CANDIDACY

If you are interested in running for the Coordinator position in your home state or province, download a candidate biography questionnaire from http://www.pdga.com/elections. This form may also be requested by contacting executive director Brian Graham at bgraham@pdga.com or (706) 261-6342. The completed form must be returned to the office along with a candidate statement no later than May 29, 2009.

Thanks Ritger!!! This seems to be an important topic, that should not get swept under the rug, I hope someone steps up and wants to do the job!
Ridesbrd
Champion Plastic

Postby djester » Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:01 pm

keith johnson wrote:

KJ say's:

It is near your house and is easier to run the action from. (plays a part I would think)[/quote]

Never said it was and never said I don't like "theP" - you can stop twisting things to fit your "dead horse scenario" now :lol:[/quote]

You never answered my questions in Red :roll: .... and How did I twist anything to suit my needs? I think it is the other way around.
There is tons of people not happy about this situation and you ignore all the comments. Time to let go of your pride and realize that we are giving you examples with plenty of sane comments.

Do you have some kind of deal with the Central park people? They obviously don't care about disc golf (ie: Rand's situation at the Atl Open). All of this really doesn't affect me much at all, but I still can see a bad deal for the major players in Ga that tour to many tournaments a year. An "A" tier is where the players flock to...and you are trying (whether you realize it or not) to steal attendance from other tournaments that are going on at the same time that you have coordinated (or lack of)

Hello.... is anyone in there?
My posse's on Broadway!
djester
Post Bagger!!

Postby Imran » Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:12 pm

Hello.... is anyone in there?

Nope.
Imran

Postby D-Wiz » Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:08 pm

Based on various recent message board posts, I think I may have the answer: Recreational division only with super long tees on the hardest course possible and trophies...and don't forget to have a good time and know the rules.

Hoo, hoo, freebird baggers
promoting D-GOLF since 2007
D-Wiz
Pro Plastic

Postby grease » Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:13 pm

Will the rec division play the long tees or short? Since this is a USDGC qualifier, will the ams be paid in
cash or plastic?
Fart, it's never not funny!
Greg Campbell
www.primoplastic.com
grease

Postby Big Red » Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:11 am

I am surprised to see that Keith did not respond any last night?
Big Red
Champion Plastic

Postby keith johnson » Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:29 am

jonp wrote:
keith johnson wrote:

Mosquito Madness C Hardeeville, SC/Pooler, GA Sat-Sun, Jun 20-21, 2009

???

I hate missing both an A-tier and Savannah :(

Keith didn't turn the computer ON last night.

From George(original E-Mail included below):
We have moved the date to June 20-21 due to a conflict with our park. I hope that date is okay as well. We are working on our sanctioning agreement now.

George
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: harold.duvall@innovadiscgolf.com [mailto:harold.duvall@innovadiscgolf.com] On Behalf Of Harold Duvall
Sent: Monday, March 16, 2009 10:52 AM
To: George Shaw
Cc: David Cannon; Kirk Yoo; Keith Johnson; Karolyn Garlock
Subject: Two-day Tournament June 27, 28

Hey George,

I hope that this note finds you well. I know that Keith got back to you much quicker with an approval from Georgia. Y'all are good to go with this tournament from the South Carolina perspective too. Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Please let me know how we can help.

Take care,

Harold

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello,

The Savannah Disc Golf Club would like to hold a two day tournament on June 27-28 2009. This tournament will be on two course, one in Hardeeville, SC and the other in Pooler, GA. It will be a C tier tournament. I think the date should not conflict with any other area tournaments. Can you forward this on to our State Coordinators to confirm?

Thank you,

George B. Shaw
keith johnson

Postby keith johnson » Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:34 am

OK boys and girls - You figure it out amongst yourselves and let me know.

And unless you can GUARANTEE 18 Quality METAL baskets at "TheP" I would prefer if it was not to be held on a temp course.
keith johnson

Postby keith johnson » Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:41 am

vach wrote:well said woodrow

I agree, as sarcastic doesn't work with people who have no sense of humor.
I will go with whatever you all decide, as long as it is held in time for the player to get his entry in before the deadline.
keith johnson

Re: USDGC Georgia State spot - date and place TBD

Postby TeeBird » Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:49 am

well somebody needs to have a survey on when and where....when is the dead line??????????

I vote JP mosley when ever

just for the record i was fine with central
TeeBird
DX Plastic

Postby keith johnson » Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:57 am

TeeBird wrote:well somebody needs to have a survey on when and where....when is the dead line??????????

I vote JP mosley when ever

just for the record i was fine with central

Was already creating poll when you were posting.

Everyone - Please vote!

Thanks
keith johnson

Postby jritger » Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:07 am

Thanks Keith !
jritger

Postby Can't Hit Open Putts » Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:05 pm

Perkerson park is my first choice if it is feasible.

Thank you for representing Keith!!
Can't Hit Open Putts
Champion Plastic

Postby keith johnson » Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:15 pm

Ridesbrd wrote:It is GOOD that he gives us all an opportunity (weak at best i know) for the spot, in Arizona they give it to the person with the deepest pocket donations to the club. Or the coordinators best friend so to speak...

OR NOT USE any of the 3 spots he had in 2003. :roll:

Also it would be a good time to be thinking about the State Representative spot coming up for election, I hope that some of you vocal ones will run or find someone worthy of taking the spot.

I'm glad you are not letting your bias show in claiming I'm not worthy, :shock: because you personally don't like me - seeing as you are a PAID employee of the Organization that I'm working with on a daily basis as well as doing so with my responsibilities as the State Coordinator.
keith johnson

Postby Ridesbrd » Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:34 pm

keith johnson wrote:
Ridesbrd wrote:It is GOOD that he gives us all an opportunity (weak at best i know) for the spot, in Arizona they give it to the person with the deepest pocket donations to the club. Or the coordinators best friend so to speak...

OR NOT USE any of the 3 spots he had in 2003. :roll:

I'm glad you are not letting your bias show in claiming I'm not worthy, :shock: because you personally don't like me - seeing as you are a PAID employee of the Organization that I'm working with on a daily basis as well as doing so with my responsibilities as the State Coordinator.

Wow you are at it again aren't you Keith, twisting words around and trying to make others look bad. I never said in my post that "Keith Johnson is not worthy of the coordinator spot", i was just trying to remind people that the spot is open for re election this year. This is an important topic to me as i work for the PDGA and live in the state of GA, it also seems that there are quite a few disgruntled PDGA members surrounding our state coordinator.

I never said i didn't like you.
Ridesbrd
Champion Plastic

Postby keith johnson » Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:03 pm

Wahtever you say - I have no problems running against anyonne and if anyone else wants to deal with it, I'm sure they'll put their names in the hat.

It's hard to twist the words YOU wrote - I just highlighted them. :mrgreen:

Why don't you pick the Coordinator and let us know who it is and we won't need the election that way - you could just pick ALL the coordinators and we can save the PDGA money on a ballot this year. :lol:
keith johnson

Postby VERMIN » Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:33 pm

Maybe the event can be at Hurricane Shoals and the PDGL can staff the event.
Speakin' the vernacular of the peasantry. Poor little kid, I hope she gets home all right....Professor Marvel

Vern Williams - ADGO #120 - PDGA #27359
VERMIN
Star Plastic

Re: USDGC Rep - 2 chances at courses chosen by the players of GA

Postby keith johnson » Sun May 10, 2009 11:08 pm

Final updated info in top post.
keith johnson

Postby maximus » Sun May 10, 2009 11:29 pm

I know this is early, but for those of us that want to go ahead and put on a calendar these dates, will the two prelims be a two round or a one round tourney, and also the sunday after GSSS5 (two rounds of central supersize), will be another two rounds, or a one round final?
Tentative start times?

And just for the record, I think this is MORE than fair to ALL disc golfers and if someone claims otherwise, they are just stupid and their opinion should never matter on anything ever again.

Donating my $20(x2 if needed) hoping for a miracle!!
Chris Quarles 34486

IT DOESN'T MATTER HOW FAR IT MIGHT GO PAST THE BASKET, IF IT GOES IN.
maximus

Postby keith johnson » Sun May 10, 2009 11:49 pm

All Qualifiers will be 2 rounders as mental toughness as well as endurance are trademarks of the USDGC, and I'm trying to prepare the player as much as possible while eliminating any flukey one round issues from costing anyone a chance, or gaining a chance, while being fair to all concerned.

I will be joining you at one (only hopefully) or both if need be to give myself a shot.

And I'm still hopeful that this will be better received than the first go round, but I'm sure there will still be deteractors as I can never please everyone. :mrgreen:

Keith
keith johnson

Postby atl scott » Mon May 11, 2009 8:29 am

Awesome plan Keith. I plan on donating at all three events. :D
atl scott
Pro Plastic

Postby jritger » Mon May 11, 2009 9:47 am

good stuff keith...cool idea!
jritger

Postby Redan Randy » Mon May 11, 2009 1:13 pm

I think these will be the biggest Rep Qualifiers ever. These courses will attract a lot of us "donaters" that it hasn't produced in the past thus producing some real money for the winning Rep. Much better then the old days at Patriots Park. Great job!!
Redan IS God's Country!!
Redan Randy
Star Plastic

Postby Imran » Mon May 11, 2009 3:34 pm

Excellent idea Keith! The winner, for sure, will have earned his spot at the USDGC.
Imran

Postby grease » Mon May 11, 2009 7:17 pm

I think we need to vote again. :lol:
Greg Campbell
www.primoplastic.com
grease

Postby Woodrow » Mon May 11, 2009 10:32 pm

grease wrote:I think we need to vote again. :lol:

Okay.....Poll:

June 6th After Party

1. Sweetwater keg supplied by Grease on his BIG deck.
2. Budweiser keg supplied by Grease on his BIG deck.
3. Miller Lite keg supplied by Grease on his BIG deck.

Let the voting begin..... again.
Woodrow

Postby keith johnson » Mon May 11, 2009 10:34 pm

Updated information in top post with times and other info in RED
keith johnson

Postby grease » Mon May 11, 2009 11:03 pm

All kidding aside, I think Keith did the right thing amidst all of the complaining.
Granted, the date did conflict with a major tournament, but then it became a
pissing match as to who's course was better. The idea was to hold the event at
a course that closely resembles what the winner would be faced with at Winthrop Gold.
Even though it is not near as fun, super sized Central WAS the closest with Perkerson
being second. White Oak is fun and not as hard as the two previous, but has a lot of fans.
I'm glad it got in the mix. I will be there to donate to the winner. I was surprised that
Moseley didn't get it. Maybe next year, we can rotate and use Moseley and Redan.
Greg Campbell
www.primoplastic.com
grease

Postby maximus » Mon May 11, 2009 11:45 pm

White Oak is fun and not as hard as the two previous, but has a lot of fans.
I'm glad it got in the mix.

The good thing about White Oak is not that it is SO challenging, but that it is NEW and nobody has been practicing it for years and can come out and just be a LOCAL and kick arse. This is the same with Perkerson with the few exceptions of those guys out there EVERY week during singles, but still giving just a slight advantage to them, as it changes occasionally, therefore not giving too much of an advantage to anyone.

Either way, awesome deal all the way around for the USDGC spot!
Chris Quarles 34486

maximus

Postby keith johnson » Tue May 12, 2009 9:46 am

If everyone can also please help the process by passing the TIMES and DATES to anyone who may be interested in playing so that they will know about it being 2 chances, 2 locations, etc. so that we get as many people that wish to try for the spot playing.

I'll be mentioning it at Wills and Central Doubles and if others of you will mention it at White Oak, Perkerson, Oregon, Sequoyah, and Redan dubs, along with Moseley, and McCurry we should cover the players who will be able to pass it along to all interested parties.

Thanks in advance,

Keith
keith johnson

Postby Bootsie » Tue May 12, 2009 8:57 pm

I don't think any pro voted on white oak but that's where one of the qualifiers will be held at cool. What do I know tho I'm a quiter.
Bootsie
Pro Plastic

Postby jonp » Wed May 13, 2009 12:07 am

Keith, will we be having our White Oak regular, or super-sized?
jonp
Site Admin

Postby Ridesbrd » Wed May 13, 2009 8:21 am

LAME!!!

So now us out of towners have to come to ATL 2 times..........You always have to have control don't you Kieth....You couldn't just have central, so now you have to run both courses "WE" choose and the one your ego strokes.......

If you have to do this format why not do a qualifier in ATL, Athens, Augusta, and Savannah, then have one final in ATL.
Ridesbrd
Champion Plastic

Postby Brett Rousseau » Wed May 13, 2009 10:11 am

Difficult to argue with that.
Brett Rousseau
Barney

Postby Funky Bobby J » Wed May 13, 2009 10:36 am

Ridesbrd wrote:LAME!!!

So now us out of towners have to come to ATL 2 times..........You always have to have control don't you Kieth....You couldn't just have central, so now you have to run both courses "WE" choose and the one your ego strokes.......

If you have to do this format why not do a qualifier in ATL, Athens, Augusta, and Savannah, then have one final in ATL.

Fortunately, only the good out of towners have to worry about it....
Funky Bobby J
Star Plastic

Postby Ridesbrd » Wed May 13, 2009 1:48 pm

Funky Bobby J wrote:

very true, i guess i am whining for josh and aaron then......... :roll: Its just alot of BS for the 10 people in the state that actually have a shot of getting the spot anyways..........
Ridesbrd
Champion Plastic

Postby keith johnson » Wed May 13, 2009 2:08 pm

Ridesbrd wrote: Its just alot of BS for the 10 people in the state that actually have a shot of getting the spot anyways..........

It was alot less BS a month ago.
:shock:
keith johnson

Postby Mike D » Wed May 13, 2009 2:25 pm

Ridesbrd wrote:
Funky Bobby J wrote:

very true, i guess i am whining for josh and aaron then......... :roll: Its just alot of BS for the 10 people in the state that actually have a shot of getting the spot anyways..........

I remember a couple of years ago that everyone had to drag their butt out to that LAME Patriots Park course to try to qualify.

As suggested above, maybe we should rotate the qualify around the state each year.

I vote for Lake Russell next year!!
Mike D
Champion Plastic

Postby Redan Randy » Thu May 14, 2009 1:15 pm

Ridesbrd wrote:
Funky Bobby J wrote:

I think it is more about the 1 player that actually wins the spot. This format will attract more players willing to donate their money to the eventual winner, meaning more money for the winner and some money going to the courses. That's a lot more then at Patriots when you would only have the people that had a shot at winning actually showing up. Maybe 10-12 people showing up, not much extra cash for the winner.
Redan IS God's Country!!
Redan Randy
Star Plastic

Postby grease » Fri May 15, 2009 7:42 pm

Jason,
That would be 3 times to come to Atlanta if you qualify in the first two events. I don't
recall Central winning any vote poll either and I don't think it's right to arbitrarily add it,
but it really doesn't matter to me. I will be donating anyway.
Greg Campbell
www.primoplastic.com
grease

Postby Randgolf » Fri May 15, 2009 9:14 pm

I see Jason's point. If you are coming from Augsuta to three events on different weeks, that is like playing in three C tiers. Not cheap, but if you win your expenses for your efforts would be well worth it.
Randgolf

Postby jonp » Fri May 15, 2009 10:06 pm

finish top 4 6/6 = 2 trips only
jonp
Site Admin

Postby keith johnson » Sat May 16, 2009 1:56 am

grease wrote:Jason,
That would be 3 times to come to Atlanta if you qualify in the first two events. I don't
recall Central winning any vote poll either and I don't think it's right to arbitrarily add it,
but it really doesn't matter to me. I will be donating anyway.

You can only Qualify once, so 3 trips would mean you missed the first top 4 and made it to the top 4 at the second Qualifier, otherwise you are only making 2 trips from anywhere.

Central didn't "win" any polls any more than the other 2 "won" polls as they were unscientific polls to begin with, but it did show that even though there were courses from all over the state on the polls, and links on all the active and PDGA sites in GA, that supposedly there are over 75 disc golfers in the state who voted on them combined or multiple times for different IP addresses, and those were the top vote getters.

I had come up with the multiple course idea a few weeks before when talking with Mike D about his fundraiser at White Oak and thought it would work out well if Perkerson could get baskets to have a Sat and Sun Qualifers to give the most amount of people the best chance to try and win a spot. I think with the 3-4 top Pros being already Qualified that this year will offer up the best chance for "all of the other top Pros" to have a realistic shot to be the state rep, by having to prove it over multiple rounds on different courses and using different stratagies to try and win the coveted spot.
Those that want a shot will come out to one of them and try, others will complain no matter what I did, and I'll be at all 3 of them to congratulate the top 4 at each qualifier and give the paid entry form to the Winner at Central!

I wonder what complaints I would have heard if I had just changed the day to August 9th at Central as my first thought was?
I think this format wil work just fine, the winner will be someone deserving of the spot, and if I guess right they'll also cover most of their expenses in Rock Hill also, with the cash raised.

That's my opinion and all I'm going to say on it as it is said and done at this point.
Come play the courses and win your spot!

Keith
keith johnson

Postby keith johnson » Sat May 16, 2009 1:59 am

jonp wrote:finish top 4 6/6 = 2 trips only

Lets add this up:

Lets say 2 10 gallon tanks of gas for the 2 trips 1 to qualify, 1 for final from anywhere in the state (unless you drive gas guzzling SUV, then maybe 3 tanks) - $45
Entry to 1 Event $20, final ZERO - $20
Lunch 2 times maybe $15- $20 - 20 max

Total spent $85

What you get if you win:
USDGC entry paid for $225
If only 11 people show at each Qualifier your Entry is paid for and you get your $85 in "spent money" back
If only 15 people show at each qualifier you get $200 in Expenses money after paid entry.
If only 20 people show at each qualifier you get $345 in expenses money after paid entry. :shock:

Paid USDGC spot to represent Georgia and any spending money - PRICELESS :mrgreen:

Who wants it?

Keith
keith johnson

Postby K-Mack » Tue May 19, 2009 3:34 pm

I have a suggestion for next year.

How about grabbing 5 Georgia's tourneys (all over the state) and have a points system.

That will ensure that the best player that year, instead of the best player that day(s) gets the spot. Plus it eliminates schedule conflicts of adding a qualifier. It allows others players around the state to compete for it. A points system in the past also seems to attract more for attendance, and points are popular the players get to see how each player is stacking up against each other.

I would be willing to host and calculate the points for the events.
K-Mack
DX Plastic

Postby TeeBird » Tue May 19, 2009 3:38 pm

K-Mack wrote:I have a suggestion for next year.

How about grabbing 5 Georgia's tourneys (all over the state) and have a points system.

That will ensure that the best player that year, instead of the best player that day(s) gets the spot. Plus it eliminates schedule conflicts of adding a qualifier. It allows others players around the state to compete for it. A points system in the past also seems to attract more for attendance, and points are popular the players get to see how each player is stacking up against each other.

I AGREE THAT AWAY ITS OVER TIME INSTEAD OF A GOOD DAY IM WITH YOU KMACK
TeeBird
DX Plastic

Postby maximus » Tue May 19, 2009 5:55 pm

There is no need to YELL! :mrgreen:
Chris Quarles 34486

maximus

Postby Jay » Wed May 20, 2009 8:39 am

I would think that players would probably complain that they couldn't sign up for the tournament because it sold out too fast.....

I also think that these 5 tournaments would have to be located all over Georgia. So now they have to travel 5 times for a chance (if they sign up in time) to get the State spot at $80-$100 a tourney.

Not to mention NO SPENDING $$ to be won AND they still have to pay the entry fee to the USDGC.

Jay

....and on the eighth day, God created the U.S. Marines!
Jay
Star Plastic

Postby Big Red » Wed May 20, 2009 10:20 am

Jay wrote:

I would think that players would probably complain that they couldn't sign up for the tournament because it sold out too fast.....

I also think that these 5 tournaments would have to be located all over Georgia. So now they have to travel 5 times for a chance (if they sign up in time) to get the State spot at $80-$100 a tourney.

Not to mention NO SPENDING $$ to be won AND they still have to pay the entry fee to the USDGC.

The solution to this problem is to have a required minimum number or tournaments in the series that must be played and a throw away tournament, possibly two. Your lowest points score is dropped and only the top four count. That way someone can have a really bad tournament or miss a tournament and it won't count against them. There would need to be a seperate sign up at each event for those wanting to enter the points series so someone would have to be at each tournament to handle that. This is how the spending money and entry fee would be collected. It also allows ams to get into the mix as well if they choose to. Basically like entering into the ace pot. At the end of the series who ever has the most points and attended the required number of tournaments, minus their worst performance (throw-away score), would win the spot and be given the entry fee and spending money collected during the series.
Big Red
Champion Plastic

Postby keith johnson » Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:11 pm

Hole by Hole Descriptions for the USDGC Qualifier at White Oak - Thanks to Mike D and Wade for their help!
Hole 1 - 357' - Par 3
Tee to basket near tree line on right. Pin sits on edge of slope. Walking path and beyond O.B
Next tee - Turn left to tee #2 by edge of creek.

Hole 2 - 575' - Par 4
Tee to basket straight ahead. Basket sits on top of 2nd hill
Fence on right is O.B
Next tee - Turn left and back to tee #3.

Hole 3 - 470' - Par 3
Tee to basket straight ahead in corner of park. Fence on right and behind basket is O.B.
Next tee - turn left to tee #4

Hole 4 - 366 - Par 3
Blind tee shot to basket straight ahead. Basket sits in middle of slope.
Fence on right is O.B
Next tee - straight ahead to bottom of hill to tee # 5

Hole 5 - 240' - Par 3
Tee to basket straight ahead at top of hill..
Next tee - turn left towards trees to tee #6

Hole 6 - 500' - Par 3
Tee to basket straight ahead. MANDO on left. Drop Zone for missed MANDO is the Am tee.
Next tee - Turn right to tee # 7

Hole 7 - 263 - Par 3
Tee to basket straight ahead at base of trees.
Next tee - turn left to tee # 8

Hole 8 - 502' - Par 4
Tee to basket straight ahead just over far hill. Basket sits at top of drop off.
Fence behind basket is O.B.
Next tee - Turn left to tee # 9

Hole 9 - 336' - Par 3
Blind tee shot to basket at base of hill near pond.
Surrounded by water in LAKE is O.B.
Small creek to right is CASUAL WATER until beyond paint line - then it becomes OB.
Next tee - Turn right and follow path across bridge to tee # 10

Hole 10 - 260' - Par 3
Tee straight ahead to basket at top of hill.
In or over creek on right is O.B.
Next tee - turn left and follow path to tee # 11

Hole 11 - 230' - Par 3
Tee straight to basket that sits at base of hill. Fence on right is O.B.
Creek is CASUAL WATER - Must play from lie in creek or on line of play to basket.
Next tee - Turn left cross creek and proceed past #17 tee to tee #12

Hole 12 - 335 -Par 3
Tee straight ahead over hill to basket near fence line. Lake is O.B. Beyond fence is O.B.
Next tee - Turn left towards pine trees to tee # 13

Hole 13 - 325 - Par 3
Tee straight ahead to basket in corner of park. Fence to right and behind basket is O.B.
Next tee - Turn left and back to tee # 14

Hole 14 - 357' - Par 3
Tee straight ahead to basket near creek. Fence on right is O.B.
In or beyond creek is also O.B.
Next tee - Turn left to tee # 15

Hole # 15 - 400 - Par 3
Tee from flags to basket straight ahead on hillside.
Surrounded by water is O.B.
Next tee - Turn right to tee # 16

Hole 16 - 277' - Par 3
Tee to basket straight ahead near cluster of trees before Lake.
Surrounded by water in LAKE is O.B.
Next tee - Straight ahead past tee #12 to tee #17

Hole 17 - 415 - Par 3
Tee over lake to basket on peninsula green. Lake OB before and beyond basket - Mandatory 1 time re-tee if OB on drive, if OB again on 2nd drive go to flagged DROP ZONE near large tree.
In Lake on any other throws after the drive(s) follow standard OB Rules.
Next tee - Turn left and follow path across creek to tee # 18

Hole 18 - 255' - Par 3
Tee straight ahead to basket on slope.
Lake OB, surrounded by concrete at pavilion or in parking lot is OB.
keith johnson

Postby keith johnson » Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:54 am

Just a reminder that tomorrow is the first of the 2 USDGC Qualifiers at WHITE OAK.

Times and money Info in top post, hole descriptions in above post.
keith johnson

Postby Q Mayben » Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:29 pm

i took a tripple circle 9 on hole 17 if i would have 4'd it i would have got a spot. WASSUP
Gold Bond never leave home without it
Q Mayben
DX Plastic

Postby keith johnson » Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:49 pm

16 paid in at 15 = 240
20 back for Plotkty = 220 so far in the kitty for the winner of the USDGC spot.

After 1st round top 4
Brett Rousseau 52
Keith Johnson 52
Tim Ellis 52
Bryan Chinn 52

Next Closest - Vach 54

After 2nd round top 4 and your first 4 of 8 qualifiers
Brett Rousseau 105
Tim Ellis 106
Bryan Chinn 106
Vach 107

Next Closest and getting his 20 back - Jon Plotky
keith johnson

Postby eckstea » Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:43 pm

Hello everyone,

I am the guy who was filming at white oak park during your first round play. I have finally finished editing the video and hope you like it.

Feel free to leave me comments on the video or here, I will try to read them and address concerns for any future videos. And sorry if the quality isn't what you expected, I have ordered a new camera but unfortunately it has not yet arrived.
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.
eckstea
Barney

Postby edj42 » Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:35 pm

Well done! Probably easier said than done, but maybe if you got a partner to catch the tee and then have you half way down the fairway where you could capture the rest of the drive. Do some editing and there you go! I have always wondered how disc golf could be videod so that it mimicked what golf on tv is like, ie. seeing the full flight of the disc. Putts and approach shots are easier to shoot I would think.
I think I need to go play White Oak sometime soon. Looks like a fun course.
"When a ball dreams, it dreams it is a frisbee."
edj42
DX Plastic

Postby Dale H » Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:13 pm

I really enjoyed the video, nice job. Haven't played White Oak yet but the video makes be want to drive out there today. Thanks for a job very well done!

Dale Hatcher
Dale H
DX Plastic

Postby mr.disc » Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:18 pm

Video .. i give it a 8 out of 10
backround music = Weak.
"Feared by deer, Adored by women"
mr.disc
Champion Plastic

Postby grease » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:27 pm

I can hook you up with music! All I know is the guy in orange is crazy sexy!
Greg Campbell
www.primoplastic.com
grease

Postby keith johnson » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:40 pm

5 days until the second USDGC Qualifier at Perkerson Park this SUNDAY June 14th.

Info in the first post.
keith johnson

Postby Can't Hit Open Putts » Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:38 am

Who is going from the Larryville area? Skeletor, Carl...? Looking to share a ride. PM me.
Can't Hit Open Putts
Champion Plastic

Postby keith johnson » Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:18 am

John and I have conversed about the opportunity for others to play "theP" while it is temporarily set up, so this is how it will play out for those folks. AFTER THE FIRST ROUND IS OVER the first 12 players (in 3 somes) wishing to play can start on Hole 1 and that should have them finishing the conflicting fairway holes by the time the second round tee times start.

This is subject to change if we have a larger number of players and we need to use a shotgun start for the second round also.

My hope is the players who can not make the final or who think they have no shot still play both rounds in the Qualifier and help out the eventual winner, instead of trying to jam a round in while others that are competing for the spot are on the course. And of course $5 of that entry will also help the course fund at "theP" so it is a chance to contribute to TWO good causes and play 2 rounds instead of just 1.

See everyone SUNDAY morning.

Keith
keith johnson

Postby kade.erp » Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:58 am

Can't Hit Open Putts wrote:Who is going from the Larryville area? Skeletor, Carl...? Looking to share a ride. PM me.

Why would SKELETOR want to play in a tournament where the pro's gather to fight it out for a spot at the USDGC. They dont want amatuers at the USDGC unless they are spectators and spotters. It is a gathering of the finest discgolfers around and according to him he will get his arse handed to him. Good 9stroke win this weekend in the Amatuer ranks. :o :roll:
kade.erp
Pro Plastic

Postby djester » Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:02 pm

kade.erp wrote:
Can't Hit Open Putts wrote:Who is going from the Larryville area? Skeletor, Carl...? Looking to share a ride. PM me.

Why would SKELETOR want to play in a tournament where the pro's gather to fight it out for a spot at the USDGC. They dont want amatuers at the USDGC unless they are spectators and spotters. It is a gathering of the finest discgolfers around and according to him he will get his arse handed to him. Good 9stroke win this weekend in the Amatuer ranks. :o :roll:

+1 :lol:
My posse's on Broadway!
djester
Post Bagger!!

Postby keith johnson » Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:18 pm

HUGE Thanks to John Ritger for the hole descriptions for the 2nd USDGC Qualifier at Perkerson Park this SUNDAY JUNE 14th

Perkerson Park USDGC Qualifier - Hole by Hole Descriptions PAR 63

Hole 1 – 300'; plays like 270’ - Par 3
Tee to basket straight ahead; routes left, right & straight. Pin on 15-degree right-to-left slope with OB 30’ behind & to the left of the pin. Pavement & beyond is OB; at corner connect the broken fence edges. Next tee – Cross street to tee #2, 30’ to the right

Hole 2 - 550'; plays like 610’ - Par 4
Tee to basket near red sculpture at top of hill; routes left, right & straight. OB lines on both sides of fairway – note 3 linear rows of trees extending uphill; OB is at right tree line up hill protecting playground and at left tree line dividing fairway for #3. Pin is surrounded by OB pavement right, OB line 20’ left and OB street 30’ behind. Next tee - Turn left, 50’ back to tee #3.

Hole 3 - 700'; plays like 600’ - Par 4
Tee to basket straight ahead, across park road 30’ in front of creek. In the park road is OB. Sidewalk & beyond are OB to the right. In the ditch behind pin is OB. Concrete spillway above and to the right of the pin is NOT OB.
Next tee - turn left to tee #4 @ small dirt spot

Hole 4 - 230'; plays like 230’ - Par 3
Tee to basket straight ahead. Ditch and beyond are OB on right; pavement and beyond are OB 35’ behind pin. Next tee – cross creek and follow back to the right 200’ to tee #5

Hole 5 - 513'; plays like 618’ - Par 4
Tee to basket at top of hill to the right, on same side of road. Road and beyond are OB on left. There is a property line on the right; marked by fence and fence posts – fence posts are the OB line. Next tee - turn left, walk down hill toward bathroom to tee #6

Hole 6 - 252'; plays like 357’ - Par 3. Left position on rocks.
Tee uphill to basket straight ahead at top of rock pile. Road & beyond are OB on right.
Next tee – Walk past bathroom building to tee # 7 at treeline.

Hole 7 - 318'; plays like 258’ - Par 3. Right/long position.
Tee to basket at bottom of hill to the right near the creek (creek is 12’ left of basket). Ditch & beyond are OB. Next tee – walk straight ahead to tee # 8

Hole 8 - 337'; plays like 334’ - Par 3. Straight/long position.
Tee to basket straight ahead just in front of 2 big trees. OB ditch and beyond are 25’ left of basket. Next tee – Straight ahead to tee # 9

Hole 9 - 602'; plays like 599’ - Par 4. Left/long position.
Tee to basket straight ahead visible through trees. OB 15’ left of basket. Ditch and beyond are OB. Next tee – Cross bridge and walk past #13 tee to trail straight ahead; teepad is up trail on right (long pad)

Hole 10 - 602'; plays like 599’ - Par 4. Left/long position. Long teepad.
Blind tee to basket around hill to left. Pin is visible once you turn the corner. Steep right to left hill; no OB on hole but woods on left are trouble.
Next tee – next tee is on the opposite corner of the tennis courts. Turn right, walk up the hill and walk to the far end of the tennis courts to tee # 11

Hole 11 - 625'; plays like 565’ - Par 4. Standard/middle position.
Blind tee to basket straight ahead and way down the hill. You want to get past the large oak tree and as far down the hill as possible off the tee. Pavement and beyond are OB on the left; tennis courts are OB. Next tee – Down hill straight ahead to tee #12

Hole 12 - 430'; plays like 370’ - Par 3. Standard/middle position
Tee straight to basket straight ahead and downhill. Creekbed and beyond are OB on the right. There is roped OB behind the green at the edge of the grass!
Next tee - Turn right towards bridge to tee # 13

Hole 13 - 850'; plays like 880’ - Par 5. Standard position
Tee straight ahead to basket on hill past fireplace. Visible from tee. Primary route is left of the tunnel. Over the wall and beyond are OB left.
Next tee – Walk downhill to bridge, cross both bridges and turn left to tee # 14

Hole 14 - 639'; plays like 699’ - Par 4. Standard peninsula position
Tee straight ahead to basket on peninsula under large oak tree; pin is blind from tee. Primary route is to the right of the trees; although there is a route to the left. The ditch and beyond play OB the entire length of this hole & are roped. Sidewalk that crosses fairway is casual. Where the sidewalk crosses the ditch – the OB line runs perpendicular to the sidewalk where the pipe crosses underneath – should be roped. Next tee - Turn right to tee # 15

Hole # 15 - 316'; plays like 325’ - Par 3. Standard/middle position.
Tee to basket straight ahead on hillside. Pavement and beyond are OB.
Next tee - Turn left, back up hill to tee # 16

Hole 16 - 326'; plays like 296’ - Par 3. Standard position.
Tee to basket straight ahead on hillside, across ditch. In ditch is OB.
Next tee – Turn left, following ditch to tee #17

Hole 17 - 309'; plays like 321’ - Par 3. Standard position.
Tee to basket straight ahead on steep hillside. Routes right and left. OB ditch on left; sidewalk and beyond are OB on right. The sidewalk that crosses the fairway is casual. Very steep and tricky green. Next tee – Walk around building to #18, adjacent to #1 pad

Hole 18 - 230'; plays like 190’ - Par 3. Right position.
Tee straight ahead to basket to the right at the bottom of hill. Double Mando in effect! To make the mando, disc must cross between the two marked trees that frame the sewer grate and land safely in bounds before you can drop anywhere but the drop zone. All land prior to the mando is in bounds, so you can lay up. Drop zone is flagged before the double mando. You have not made the mando yet – so if you throw into the creek, you must re-throw from the Drop Zone for the mando. Once you are safely in bounds passed the mando, standard OB rules apply for the creek.
keith johnson

Postby jonp » Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:44 pm

keith johnson wrote:Hole 4 - 230'; plays like 230’ - Par 4

jonp
Site Admin

Postby keith johnson » Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:56 am

That's what I get for trusting Ritger. :mrgreen:

Fixed here on this board, and if anyone ont he other boards it was posted on bring it up day of, I'll just copy your video :lol:

Thanks Jon.
keith johnson

Postby jritger » Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:26 pm

results - these are incomplete as i don't have the scores yet. stats will be delayed a few weeks, unless somebody can bring me the cards from keith.

21 played; 25 total playing @ park

1st - $$ - 56/63
T-2nd - JDrage - 57/63
T-2nd - Woody - 57/63
T-4th - Chris M (wins on 3rd hole in playoff) - 60/?
T-4th - Keith J
T - 4th - Will C.
jritger

Postby keith johnson » Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:58 pm

jritger wrote:results - these are incomplete as i don't have the scores yet. stats will be delayed a few weeks, unless somebody can bring me the cards from keith.

21 played; 25 total playing @ park

1st - $$ - 56/63
T-2nd - JDrage - 57/63
T-2nd - Woody - 57/63
T-4th - Chris M (wins on 3rd hole in playoff) - 60/?
T-4th - Keith J
T - 4th - Will C.

Since John didn't want to wait 30 minutes so I could eat dinner with my family, I'll fill you in on the rest of the scores.

1st place Dollar 56/ 63= 119
Tie 2nd place Justin Drage 57/ 63= 120
Tie 2nd place Woody Blackwell 57/63= 120
Tie 4th place Chris Millay 60/63= 123 (Won on 3rd playoff hole)
Tie 4th place Keith Johnson 63/60= 123 (loses on 3rd playoff hole)
Tie 4th Will Cralle 64/59= 123 (Out on 2nd playoff hole)

Matt Dollar, Woody Blackwell, Justin Drage and Chris Millay, will join Brett Rousseau, Tim Ellis, Brian Chinn, and Jason Makarovich as the 8 finalists to battle on August 9th at Central Park to represent the state of Gerorgia at the USDGC in OCT.

The winner on August 9th will have the enrty paid to the USDGC and have approximately $300 in spending money.

Thanks to EVERYONE who participated in the qualifiers and good luck to the 8 finalists!

Keith Johnson
keith johnson

Postby grease » Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:52 pm

Thanks Keith and Ritger for setting this up. Too bad more people weren't there to appreciate
the hard work involved in setting up a temp course. Great job!
Greg Campbell
www.primoplastic.com
grease

Postby chappy » Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:27 am

kade.erp wrote:

Why do you feel the need to cry about other people do? Be a man, shut your cryhole and GET BETTER.
chappy
DX Plastic

Postby keith johnson » Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:46 pm

Just a reminder that next Sunday is the USDGC FINAL for the Georgia spot to the USDGC.
At Central Park we will hold an Event where the top 8 finalists from the 2 qualifiers will play at NO COST and battle it out for the lone spot to be the State Rep.

Signups will be from 8:15 to 9:15 AM the day of EACH Event with a first round tee off at 9:45AM There will be NO PRE-REGISTRATIONS accepted. Players must pay in CASH only.

All others who also wish to play will only pay 10 dollars with payouts to the top 50% of the field EXCLUDING the winner from the 8 finalists who will be getting the money from the 2 Qualifiers and the entry for the USDGC paid for. Other players in the Field at CENTRAL are limited to 32 other players MAX - NO EXCEPTIONS.

Matt Dollar, Woody Blackwell, Justin Drage and Chris Millay, Brett Rousseau, Tim Ellis, Brian Chinn, and Jason Makarovich are the 8 finalists to battle on August 9th at Central Park to represent the state of Gerorgia at the USDGC in OCT.

The winner on August 9th will have the enrty paid to the USDGC and have approximately $300 in spending money.

Thanks to EVERYONE who participated in the qualifiers and good luck to the 8 finalists!

Keith Johnson
keith johnson

Postby SlingShot » Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:28 pm

Is this 1 round? I might show up for the side action but I need to be at work by 4:30 :roll:
Andrew Jenkins
SlingShot
Pro Plastic

Postby keith johnson » Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:20 pm

Congratulations to TIM ELLIS - Your representative from the State of Georgia at the 2009 USDGC.

Tim shot a 58-54 to win over 7 other competitors taking the spot and $300 in spending money.

Here's wishing Tim well in 2 months in Rock Hill!

Keith Johnson
Georgia State Coordinator
keith johnson

Postby Dale H » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:19 am

Congratulations to Tim Ellis

I really enjoyed watching the morning round at Central, the level of competition was intense on a challenging layout. Tim Ellis deserves to be our USDGC representative shooting a 58 in the AM and a blistering 54 in the PM.

Despite all the hoo-haw posted at the top of this thread about locations, dates, courses, etc., Keith put together a great process for selecting our best rep. Thanks!

Dale Hatcher
Dale H
DX Plastic

Postby maximus » Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:17 pm

It must have been those new shirts he got! :roll: :mrgreen:
Chris Quarles 34486

maximus

Postby Big Red » Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:02 pm

maximus wrote:It must have been those new shirts he got! :roll: :mrgreen:

I noticed that, is he a member of team Georgia now?
Big Red
Champion Plastic

Postby Q Mayben » Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:27 pm

what was the rest of the scores
Gold Bond never leave home without it
Q Mayben
DX Plastic

Postby grease » Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:32 pm

Chim Chim= win
The rest of you=lose
Greg Campbell
www.primoplastic.com
grease

Postby keith johnson » Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:42 pm

Big Red wrote:
maximus wrote:It must have been those new shirts he got! :roll: :mrgreen:

I noticed that, is he a member of team Georgia now?

He has been since the beginning of the year, but since no one looks past the checkout button on www.supersixseries.com they never see all the other interesting info on the site. :roll:
The shirts were just not personally embroidered until June.

Scores from all players:
Tim Ellis - 58/54=112
Matt Dollar - 59/57=116 (wins Scott's $10)
Brett Rousseau - 58/59=117
Scott Renz - (only Side action player) 60/61=121
Jason Makarovich - 60/63=123
Chris Millay - 63/61=124
Justin Drage - 62/65=127
Woodrow Blackwell - 70/67=137
Bryan Chinn - 73/Bootsie :mrgreen:

Thanks again to everyone for their participation to decide the Representative from Georgia at this years USDGC!

Keith
keith johnson

Return to Disc Golf Tournaments