Hole Renumbering

Fayette County - Fayetteville, Ga

Moderators: SlingShot, ADGO BOD

Hole Renumbering

Postby IcebergSlimD » Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:09 am

I've been bouncing around the idea of renumbering the holes at McCurry. The county is putting in a swingset near hole 16 and may close of the loop that is commonly used for parking. Hole 8 may become the new hole 1. Players can use the lower parking lot (which is bigger), use the basket on hole 5 as practice and throw off of 6 for warm ups. The downside is during tournaments, the pavilion would not be anywhere near hole 1. Thoughts?
IcebergSlimD
DX Plastic

Re: Hole Renumbering

Postby mrpbody33 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:17 am

We have spoken about this offline and you know I agree. You could even install a practice basket in the space between hole 5 and 8. The pavilion is really nice near current hole 1. That is not to say it couldn't be used for future tournaments after the renumbering. Or even putting up a canopy down in the space between hole 5 and 8 wouldn't be that bad. I say go for it.
Barry "Mr. P'body" Arnson
PDGA# 28128
ADGO# 133
http://discgolfatlanta.com/
mrpbody33

Re: Hole Renumbering

Postby IcebergSlimD » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:23 am

The course has been renumbered. Hole #1 is now what used to be Hole #6. Please use the lower parking lot and follow the walking trail towards the playground. The tee pad will be on your left. I'm looking into Next Tee signs to help with the now confusing transition from 13 (old 18) to 14 (old 1).
IcebergSlimD
DX Plastic

Return to McCurry Park