Monty Team Tournament Idea

Jasper County - Monticello, Ga

Moderators: luke, ADGO BOD

Monty Team Tournament Idea

Postby luke » Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:20 pm

I was thinking of three player teams.

Round 1
Each Player plays by himself. Team mates' scores are added together. play holes 1-10.

Round 2
Alternate shot, sort of. Team mates decide by the shot who will throw, but no one may make two throws for a team in succession. Seems like I had some other ideas for this I'm not remembering. 11-22.

Round 3

Still brewing the idea for this. For all of it, actually. Maybe one player throws Odd dog style, the other two play best shot...

I think starting earlier than normal would make sense.

The alternative to this is to play a similar tournament as above in terms of what to do each round, but play the full course each time. That would be a two day, with the second day playing only one round of 22-24 holes.

Team mates decide by the shot who will throw, but no one may make two throws for a team in succession. Seems like I had some other ideas for this I'm not remembering.

More to come later. It's just an idea, so far.
luke
Star Plastic

Re: Monty Team Tournament Idea

Postby Funky Bobby J » Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:34 pm

Save your brain - BYOP dubs or one round of singles and then partner golf. Luke - the chilled low-pressure atmosphere brings me down from Forsyth County. And make it one day - not a lot of options for many of us for a two-day deal.

Love the course ad the atmosphere down there - really fun. Just keep doing what you are doing.
Living in the United States where the hottest European import is Plutocracy...
Funky Bobby J
Star Plastic

Re: Monty Team Tournament Idea

Postby luke » Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:16 pm

I won't change the format of our current one-day, byop best shot doubles tournament. This one would be separate, at a different time of year than the traditional summer/winter monty dubs.
luke
Star Plastic

Return to The Monty