hole designers needed, and quickly

Jasper County - Monticello, Ga

Moderators: luke, ADGO BOD

hole designers needed, and quickly

Postby luke » Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:52 pm

The park director at the Monty sent me an email today. It goes as follows:

"We have a timber crew moving in they will get any and all trees we mark for removal. the only catch is we need to do it in a hurry. They could move in as early as next week."

We still have at least 3 holes to go in the woods----and tons of room for them. If you are interested in designing a hole or two, please pm me or respond below. The amount of work these guys will do in a week is as much or more as work days etc would get done in a year.

HELP!
luke
Star Plastic

Re: hole designers needed, and quickly

Postby dandaman » Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:06 am

luke wrote:The park director at the Monty sent me an email today. It goes as follows:

"We have a timber crew moving in they will get any and all trees we mark for removal. the only catch is we need to do it in a hurry. They could move in as early as next week."

We still have at least 3 holes to go in the woods----and tons of room for them. If you are interested in designing a hole or two, please pm me or respond below. The amount of work these guys will do in a week is as much or more as work days etc would get done in a year.

HELP!

How about a hole that has a split fairway that has a defined anhyzer and hyzer routes with a lengthy and wide set of trees seperating the two routes?

OR

There is not any do or die shot on the course that I can remember that is right off the tee. Perhaps a do or die shot that has at least one defined route and perhaps 2-3?

Hole #7 at Alexander with a do or die shot. Those trees that are in the middle leading to the clearing are approx. 20-25 ft. away.

Hole #8 Trophy Lakes: It's a short hole with water but players have to throw a straight shot immediately off the tee or they're throwing two from 20 ft. away.

I know elevation is at a premium there but a short uphill do or die shot would fit well out there.
Johnson! Keep an eye on that Kherplakistan situation...
dandaman
Star Plastic

Postby luke » Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:35 am

I like the idea, BUT I don't so much need the idea as need someone out marking the idea on the course! The park has a timber crew---well, you can read above. And that is one of my more favorite holes at Alexander.
luke
Star Plastic

Postby luke » Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:47 am

Is #8 at the Monty Do or Die off the tee? Though you aren't there after one shot, the "do" is getting to the turn to set yourself up for a 3 (it's the first par 4).
luke
Star Plastic

Postby dandaman » Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:44 pm

It's definetly close. I think that the difference between that hole and the ones that I am thinking of is that it is still possible to have a good result after a bad shot on #8 (meaning it is possible to get lucky). If you have a bad drive on the two holes above there is no further luck to be had. A bad drive=a bad drive with no further action but an immediate re-throw.

The drive on #8 is definetly close to the do or die, but the do or die is further down the fairway than the holes above.

The next time that I could possibly could come out is Tuesday of Wed morning. I would be willing to come out there but only if you were there to help guide my way. Other than that Friday afternoon or Sunday afternoon.
Johnson! Keep an eye on that Kherplakistan situation...
dandaman
Star Plastic

Postby luke » Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:25 am

I'm actually off work next week, but I have my little girl all week. Drat, not happenin'. It's likely they will have started cutting then anyway. Thanks for the offer, though.
luke
Star Plastic

Return to The Monty