The Monty Hall of Fame

Jasper County - Monticello, Ga

Moderators: luke, ADGO BOD

The Monty Hall of Fame

Postby luke » Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:49 pm

What I'm thinking is to try to list those who have really helped in one way or another at the Monty.

Mr. Anderson---appropriating lands, original course design, teepads for 1 and 2, and chainsaw work on several holes, especially 1, 2, 7, 8, 9, 10, 12, 13. There's so much more that this guy is responsible for.

Luke---continued upkeep, organizing first tournaments there (which prompted Mr. Anderson to go ahead and get more baskets installed), first true park "liason" (they let me use the bush hog now and pay attention to the course!), original idea/design? for the 5 open holes, artist appropriated for the Trailer, funds raised from tournaments and DVD sales, work day organization (luke can't do it but he knows others who can), first lasting tee signs, first PDGA tournament (not TD'ed but pushed for)

Sausage Panther---His work days are so intense that the work must be measured in Josh hours. For instance, 1 Josh hour = 3 Luke hours. When we really need to get something done, Josh gets a phone call. When I have a work day, Josh is the anchor. Josh built all bridges at the Monty. Josh has the best equipment. Josh is the most unselfish worker that I know. First Monty Dubs Champions (with Nate)

Wade----Mr. Continual Upkeep award, Pin Dropper award, Great new ideas for teepads award, constant advice, lots of publicity,

Wookie---A chainsaw man to the core, from the days when #13 looked like Endor in Return of the Jedi.

Dollar---Course Record (2), first pdga win at Monty

Grease---First tournament ace (he did not get in the ace fund), first tournament sponsor, regular tournament sponsorship, payout, and great help when it's needed with advice and during sign in, halftime, or afterward. ALso, first to play the tournament after breaking his ribs on my staircase.

Clunck---various and sundry work days, concentrated basket cleanup (several days to sand, paint, and number the baskets for the first time), great advice

Jay Voss, Scott Prandy, Paul LaPerre----Made it to the first ever Monty Work day, (05? 06?) and worked on #7, 8. Attended tournaments, lots of love and support.

This list will be edited. I'm not done, just out of time for now. Please, if you've busted it out there, or if you know someone who has, feel free to add to this list.
luke
Star Plastic

Re: The Monty Hall of Fame

Postby djester » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:54 pm

:oops:
My posse's on Broadway!
djester
Post Bagger!!

Postby luke » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:16 pm

Josh is a hottie.
luke
Star Plastic

Postby luke » Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:10 pm

I'll have to add Wes Park Director to the list for hooking up so much for the Monty since he's been the man.
luke
Star Plastic

Postby luke » Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:20 pm

I'm revamping this list and trying to get the "Hall of Fame" set up by tourney time.

Sponsors get their names included!
luke
Star Plastic

Return to The Monty