new work on course

Jasper County - Monticello, Ga

Moderators: luke, ADGO BOD

new work on course

Postby luke » Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:28 pm

I'm currently developing new #5, a downhill hole! with a pin on an "island" in the middle of a creek.

In the works:
-holes3-5 are to be revamped and lengthened, using existing elevation changes
-Hole 12 (the woodpile hole, with the wood fence behind it) will cut through the woods to the 14 basket.
-hole 16 will cut from the open into the woods to the basket for number 13 (next to hole 1, the "practice" basket for putting.

Let me know if you wish to be a part of designing/creating holes. It takes me too long by myself!

Luke
luke
Star Plastic

Re: new work on course

Postby MrFixIt » Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:59 am

A buddy and I played 2 rounds there yesterday.
A nice course. I realize that it is still a "work in progress", but enjoyable to play.
Was really looking forward to the "trailer trash" hole, however, the basket was missing!
Thanks for your efforts luke, and the volunteers that pitched in.
MrFixIt
DX Plastic

Re: new work on course

Postby luke » Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:29 pm

drop me a note before you come, and I'll bring out the trailer trash basket. It's a little grassy on that hole, but still fun.

What I usually do when I play is leave that hole out and add another in at the end. The 18 basket also has a short pad. It's currently not marked, but if you throw from next to the fir, on the downhill side of the fence, that's my alternate 18. It plays to the same basket as the 18 that plays from the top of the hill, next to the fire tower.
luke
Star Plastic

Return to The Monty