Course Expansion to 27 Holes

Henry County - Stockbridge, Ga

Moderators: dandaman, ADGO BOD

Course Expansion to 27 Holes

Postby VPSailor » Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:31 am

I wanted to start this thread to spread the word on and rally help in expanding the course. The county has given us permission to clear nine new holes in the woods. The deal is that they don’t want to mow any additional grass. We were given some beautiful land with much needed elevation changed. There are two holes along a creek that are going to be awesome. One has a downhill fairway featuring a sunken green bordered by a three foot deep water hazard. We have three holes cleared and are working on the fourth.
The county has also promised to set aside funds to cover the cost of the pins and pads. This was made possible by the passing of the latest S.P.L.O.S.T. vote. We will be meeting with the county commissioner in the next few weeks to nail this down.
We plan to work every Saturday morning at 9am. Come when you can. Bring gloves, chain saws, weed whackers. Our goal is to get it cleared before the spring bugs and foliage arrive. It would great to be operational before Hotlanta (which is early this year).
Contact Mike (http://www.discgolfscene.com/profile/22550) or Danny (http://www.discgolfscene.com/profile/16849) if you have any questions on Discgolf Scene.
See you there!
VPSailor
Barney

Re: Course Expansion to 27 Holes

Postby VPSailor » Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:36 am

We are meeting with the county rep Saturday to walk the course. We are hoping for a good crowd to come help clear the land. We will also be making a NEW change to one of the existing holes on Saturday. . . .
VPSailor
Barney

Postby VPSailor » Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:20 am

The county rep was a no-show. We did get another hole cleared up to the green. I posted diagram of the new holes on FB ADGO.
The last word from the county rep was that the cash will be available in May. We are hoping to get the fairways cleared before then. I am not sure how long it would take them to put in pads but the baskets once received shouldn’t take long to install. We are working Saturday mornings at 9am. All are welcome.
I would like to have five cleared by the 15th and place temporary baskets in for an afternoon.
VPSailor
Barney

Postby VPSailor » Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:55 pm

Just in case you have not heard, the baskets for the three holes used in Hotlanta are in. We are planning a big work day to clear the last of the holes August 23rd. If you love the Mose please plan to help. Many hands make quick work.
Let's get JPM to 27 by the fall.
VPSailor
Barney

Return to J.P. Moseley Park