New anchors and current pin positions as of 6 May 2012

Cherokee County - Canton, GA

Moderators: rjohnston, daustin, ADGO BOD

New anchors and current pin positions as of 6 May 2012

Postby Jay » Tue May 08, 2012 2:37 pm

Over the last few weeks the animal and I have been busy cleaning up and adding a few anchors. We have cleanup 1-13 and look to trim up 14-17 a bit this week.

Whats NEW? 9c, 11D, 13C, 18B! Please provide your thoughts as we now have 3 holes over 400' (6d, 11d, 18b)

Current course is set up for the first time, in it's most challenging configuration ever!......Bring your game or cheese, but no whine!

1 b
2 b
3 b
4 b
5 a
6 d*
7 a
8 a
9 c
10 b
11 d*
12 b (a position removed) it will be relocated soon.

The Gauntlet!
13 c
14 c
15 b
16 b (new "c" position in work)
17 a
18 b*

WHAT SAY YOU?

....thanks for play'in!
Jay

....and on the eighth day, God created the U.S. Marines!
Jay
Star Plastic

Re: New anchors and current pin positions as of 6 May 2012

Postby thedude » Wed May 09, 2012 7:45 am

I say thanks to you dudes. The course is looking great. Ya'll should be on the park departments payroll. Next time I come out to throw, there will be some cold ones on me.
thedude
Barney

Postby Carl Wms » Wed May 09, 2012 1:55 pm

Jay - Please move this course closer to my village.
Carl Wms
Champion Plastic

Postby Jay » Sun May 13, 2012 7:19 pm

16 of the 18 holes have had their 6 month clean up completed. Just holes 16 and 17 need a little TLC.
Jay

Jay
Star Plastic

Postby fretless0925 » Mon May 21, 2012 9:17 am

The new layout is awesome guys! Very challenging but fun as well.
fretless0925
Barney

Postby Wookie » Mon May 21, 2012 9:52 am

Played out there on Saturday with the crew for my birthday round and we had a good time. The new hole placements are tough. Great work guys.
Use the "force" only for good, never for evil

PDGA 24474
ADGO 127
Wookie
Champion Plastic

Postby HaveDiscsWillTravel » Fri May 25, 2012 11:45 pm

Anyone playin anywhere this weekend? Looking to play doubles/ singles or whatever. Are there any weekly organized tosses around here?
HaveDiscsWillTravel
Barney

Postby rjohnston » Tue May 29, 2012 10:27 am

I got a chance to play the course this weekend with the new pin placements on hole 11, 13, and 18. Kudos to Jay Voss and Steve Nelson who have devoted much of their time to make these changes as well as general course maintenance. The new pin on 11 is a little close to the walking trail so please look out for walkers on your approach shots to 11's pin so keep an eye out for them. If you haven't played here in a while you are in for a pleasant surprise!
rjohnston
Barney

Postby Sergio Martinez » Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:17 pm

Is there anyway the trees can be trimmed back to their original growth on hole 14 on the right side right off the tee pad? This would open the original line back up and make the hole more fair.
Sergio Martinez
Barney

Postby Jay » Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:38 pm

Sergio Martinez wrote:Is there anyway the trees can be trimmed back to their original growth on hole 14 on the right side right off the tee pad? This would open the original line back up and make the hole more fair.

Sorry Sergio....... but the area off the tee pad has already been trimmed. If you trim it any more, it would just be a straight shot right at it making it way too easy. It has always been a slight anhyzer, except for when someone over trimmed it (making it a straight shot) which took a LONG time to grow back in. Remember, the back 6 holes are called "The Gauntlet" for a reason, noodle arms beware!

Thanks for the input, keep it coming.

Jay
Jay

Jay
Star Plastic

Postby Finley » Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:11 pm

Jay wrote:
Sergio Martinez wrote:Is there anyway the trees can be trimmed back to their original growth on hole 14 on the right side right off the tee pad? This would open the original line back up and make the hole more fair.

Sorry Sergio....... but the area off the tee pad has already been trimmed. If you trim it any more, it would just be a straight shot right at it making it way too easy. It has always been a slight anhyzer, except for when someone over trimmed it (making it a straight shot) which took a LONG time to grow back in. Remember, the back 6 holes are called "The Gauntlet" for a reason, noodle arms beware!

Jay

Jay, I don't know how long you have been playing but when I first played the course back in 1999 that hole was a straight shot so that was the original line. Also with the long position I don't really think that is going to be automatic two as it is still a pretty tight window that demands good accuracy and has out of bounds really close to the basket. Thanks for all you do out there but I hope you reconsider Sergio's comment.
Finley
Barney

Postby provino » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:01 am

I love the gauntlet the way it is. The harder the gaunlet shots the less probability a barney will cross over to the back six. I enjoy dropping back to the gauntlet and leaving the high school barneys behind. :lol:
provino
DX Plastic

Postby Jay » Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:14 pm

Finley wrote:
Jay wrote:

Jay

Jay, I don't know how long you have been playing but when I first played the course back in 1999 that hole was a straight shot so that was the original line. Also with the long position I don't really think that is going to be automatic two as it is still a pretty tight window that demands good accuracy and has out of bounds really close to the basket. Thanks for all you do out there but I hope you reconsider Sergio's comment.

Been playing and cleaning the course since 2000. A straight shot on a short hole is just to easy. Gauntlet....nuff said :wink:
Jay

Jay
Star Plastic

Return to Sequoyah Park