Cookout and Workday - Sunday November 6

Delkab County - Lithonia, Ga

Moderator: ADGO BOD

Cookout and Workday - Sunday November 6

Postby Laserman » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:42 am

It's time to get Redan back in shape. The main goals for Sunday November 6th are to replace as many pin positions as possible (hopefully 5 or 6) and to round up and remove all of the garbage. The more people who show up, the quicker we can get to lunch and play some dubs.

Please bring shovels, post hole diggers, and other implements of destruction. I will provide dogs and burgers and trash bags. I also have 5 or 6 collars to get started with and more on order.

We will also need at least one 80lb. bag of Quikrete for each pin position we put in.

I would also like to get all of the trash bagged and transported up to the parking lot so a small trcuk would be nice.

And if somebody wants to bring a big honkin' chain saw; perhaps they can work on the down pine tree and uncover the buried long pin for holes 6 & 12.

Please bring your friends and post on this thread if you can make it and let me know what you can bring or how you can help.

Thanks for your help in advance.
Pnut
ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE IS NO MATCH FOR NATURAL STUPIDITY
Laserman
Champion Plastic

Re: Cookout and Workday - Sunday November 6

Postby dale » Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:24 pm

Pnut, I will be there with some simple tools; shovels, rakes, axes, snippers. I can also bring 2-3 bags of Quikrete. See you then... or at dubs tomorrow.
dale
Barney

Postby Laserman » Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:12 pm

Good to hear Dale. We are asking people to come at 8:30 Sunday morning. I've heard from several others so hopefully we will hava a good crew.

I would like to hear from other people who plan to come and help so i can have enough food to feed all of the workers.
Laserman
Champion Plastic

Postby Laserman » Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:58 pm

Thanks to everybody who showed up and helped at the Redan workday today. Your volunteer spirit keeps Redan one of the top courses in north Georgia. Thanks again to the following:
Josh Henley
Dale Van Dalen
Steve Adams
Rob McElwreath
Carl Williams
Mike Houchin
Josh Jensen
Asian Mike McNaughton
CDC Jeff
JK
Joe

6 New/Replacement pin positions were installed in the following locations:
1B – replaced
2C – replaced
4B – replaced
9D/18D – replaced
10A – replaced
16D – New longer position

All trash containers were emptied and 17 full bags of trash hauled up to the parking lot for pickup. Bridges to holes 6 and 11 were cleaned and the bridge to 13 reoaired. There is still more to do but this was a helluva good start.

Rob and Josh won Dubs with a – 8 and there was a tie for second with two -5’s.
Laserman
Champion Plastic

Return to Redan Park