If Redan is God's country.....

Delkab County - Lithonia, Ga

Moderator: ADGO BOD

If Redan is God's country.....

Postby cloud9quest » Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:58 pm

....why don't people show up for any of the local action?
cloud9quest
DX Plastic

Re: If Redan is God's country.....

Postby jonp » Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:45 pm

last sunday: 11 first round and 7 second round (with several regulars missing)
Hur man än vänder sig är alltid ändan bak
jonp
Site Admin

Postby Redan Randy » Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:55 pm

cloud9quest wrote:....why don't people show up for any of the local action?
They are all atheists!! DUH!! :roll:
Redan IS God's Country!!
Redan Randy
Star Plastic

Postby djester » Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:14 pm

Is this Cody?

1. I think the main reason people don't show up is because there are many other courses that are closer to them. (add reason 4 to this)

2. Some people have had bad experience's from previous people that ran the action (not a reason to show up now though)

3. I might show up and they get me as a partner :shock:

4. Traffic may keep them from traveling to the course during the week (lame excuse)

5. People may be scared of thier getting broke into. (15 years and none for me)

6. My dog ate my homework :lol:
My posse's on Broadway!
djester
Post Bagger!!

Postby grease » Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:08 pm

I think to answer your question " If Redan is God's country......." then Harlem must be Anglo-friendly.
Fart, it's never not funny!
Greg Campbell
www.primoplastic.com
grease

Postby Redan Randy » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:02 am

Open your eyes people and see the Light! Praise It!!
Redan IS God's Country!!
Redan Randy
Star Plastic

Postby cloud9quest » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:22 am

[quote="jonp"]last sunday: 11 first round and 7 second round (with several regulars missing)[/quote]
Ouch! :cry:
cloud9quest
DX Plastic

Postby djester » Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:27 pm

Randy... we need a more updated picture on Hole 1.

That pic is atleast 3 years old and doesn't represent the course too well with recent additions like bullet holes in the tee sign, errosion fence in the ground, brooms that are broken into 7 pieces, tree's cut down, and an overgrowth of the tree & shrubs leading down to the creek.

:|
My posse's on Broadway!
djester
Post Bagger!!

Postby mrpbody33 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:23 pm

That pic is atleast 3 years old...

Close. The picture is from Squirrelfest 2004. You can see the original here.
Barry "Mr. P'body" Arnson
PDGA# 28128
ADGO# 133
http://discgolfatlanta.com/
mrpbody33

Postby djester » Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:54 pm

Squirrelfest 2004 = reason #2 on my list above!!
My posse's on Broadway!
djester
Post Bagger!!

Postby mr.disc » Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:29 pm

07 ....slam. :shock:
"Feared by deer, Adored by women"
mr.disc
Champion Plastic

Postby Redan Randy » Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:44 pm

djester wrote:Randy... we need a more updated picture on Hole 1.

That pic is atleast 3 years old and doesn't represent the course too well with recent additions like bullet holes in the tee sign, errosion fence in the ground, brooms that are broken into 7 pieces, tree's cut down, and an overgrowth of the tree & shrubs leading down to the creek.

:|
God works in mysterious ways, young djester.
Redan IS God's Country!!
Redan Randy
Star Plastic

Postby cloud9quest » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:50 pm

djester wrote:
1. I think the main reason people don't show up is because there are many other courses that are closer to them. (add reason 4 to this)

I think this excuse is equally as lame. Lets take Augusta and its 11 different courses.....does anyone know how many folks frequent their league nights...and their pay outs??????anybody?????Bueller???? Bueller?!? :?:
People feel free to take this personally but I think Atlanta disc golfers are lazy. :shock:
cloud9quest
DX Plastic

Postby cloud9quest » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:52 pm

apparently i need a tutorial on how to quote text and make it look cool :oops:
cloud9quest
DX Plastic

Postby maximus » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:07 pm

cloud9quest wrote:
djester wrote:

I think this excuse is equally as lame. Lets take Augusta and its 11 different courses.....does anyone know how many folks frequent their league nights...and their pay outs??????anybody?????Bueller???? Bueller?!? :?:
People feel free to take this personally but I think Atlanta disc golfers are lazy. :shock:

I'm not from Augusta and can't help with their stats, but ATL is MUCH bigger and more spread out than Augusta. I live near Jasper and know disc golfers from Newnan, Douglasville, Snellville and farther NE, and I think we all consider ourselves in the Atlanta Area, but it would take me 2 hrs to get to Redan w/o traffic. So, sorry a 4+ hour drive to play disc golf for 2.5 hrs, not very enticing.
Chris Quarles 34486

IT DOESN'T MATTER HOW FAR IT MIGHT GO PAST THE BASKET, IF IT GOES IN.
maximus

Postby Woodrow » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:51 pm

cloud9quest wrote:apparently i need a tutorial on how to quote text and make it look cool :oops:
Enable BBCode.
Woodrow

Postby DD » Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:56 pm

cloud9quest wrote:
djester wrote:

IDGC Champions Series III

Official Results:
Date Tier Total Players Pro Purse
13-Jun-2009 C 30 $415

IDGC- Best of Class

Official Results:
02-May-2009 XC 22 $350

IDGC Champions Series II

Official Results:
04-Apr-2009 C 49 $655
Dave Douglas
DD
DX Plastic

Postby glassmusician12 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:13 pm

Because Craig is a goat ass!
glassmusician12
Barney

Postby djester » Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:29 pm

mr.disc wrote:07 ....slam. :shock:

'07 check
My posse's on Broadway!
djester
Post Bagger!!

Postby Big Red » Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:44 pm

cloud9quest wrote:
djester wrote:

Yeah the doubles at Riverview can get up to 90 people from what I have heard. They don't have eleven courses but it is sad how much better their scene is than Atlanta. It was before the IDGC too.
I've got more game than a busted Atari.
Big Red
Champion Plastic

Postby cloud9quest » Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:55 pm

Big Red wrote: They don't have eleven courses but it is sad how much better their scene is than Atlanta. It was before the IDGC too.

Sorry. 11 courses within an 50 mile radius and 18 within 65 miles. :idea:
#21451 PAR GOLF FOR LIFE!
cloud9quest
DX Plastic

Postby Carl Wms » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:15 pm

Distance, time and money = ATL Golf

Observation: I don't know of many players that can drop $40 to $50 on Disc Golf in a week anymore.
Carl Wms
Champion Plastic

Postby Big Red » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:43 pm

cloud9quest wrote:
Big Red wrote: They don't have eleven courses but it is sad how much better their scene is than Atlanta. It was before the IDGC too.

Sorry. 11 courses within an 50 mile radius and 18 within 65 miles. :idea:

Augusta is hardly Atlanta. In fact without the Masters I think the place would cease to exist as it really is a toilet at this point. So using a 50 or 65 mile radius is just silly. Augusta really just has two courses maybe three if you count patriots which you really shouldn't.
Big Red
Champion Plastic

Postby cloud9quest » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:00 am

The point I'm attempting to make is that both areas have options as far as courses are concerned and that they both have great communities of golfers.....so what will it take to reunite the Atlanta community for big turn outs with big pay outs?
#21451 PAR GOLF FOR LIFE!
cloud9quest
DX Plastic

Postby richardhead » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:24 am

For starters, you need a club that gives a crap. A club that want's the sport to grow, not just there personal agenda's. I'm not sure how well run the Augusta club is, but they have hosted a World's event and the IDGC has been installed in that general area.

The best example is Charlotte. Disc golf is thriving up there. They are hosting another World's in 2012 and the weekly action is ridiculous. They have a club that works together. The courses may not all be the greatest, but they are well kept and always improving. They have a club that people are excited to be involved in. Sorry, but I can't say the same for the ADGO.
Jay Phillips
<EAT MY SKAT>
richardhead
Star Plastic

Postby Big Red » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:29 am

cloud9quest wrote:The point I'm attempting to make is that both areas have options as far as courses are concerned and that they both have great communities of golfers.....so what will it take to reunite the Atlanta community for big turn outs with big pay outs?

As far as I know it was never "united" unless it was twenty years ago. I honestly don't know of one real tangible thing the ADGO has achieved in its history other than running a yearly tournament and planting some flowers at redan. I'm sure they have done more than this but my point is the ADGO has never been very powerful or visible in their accomplishments. I think if the ADGO as a club could get one course put in somewhere in metro atlanta (not 100 miles away) that is actually a good course and not just "another course" they would build a lot of momentum and noninvolved players would see value in their efforts and want to join in.
Big Red
Champion Plastic

Postby djester » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:46 am

(See Perkerson Park thread)
That would be a course pushed by members of the ADGO, some are board members.

I agree that the ADGO could do more, but Keith already does a lot for golf in Georgia and for the most part, he is the ADGO.

One thing is : we all have jobs that take up most of our time and it is hard to work on other things at the end of the day.

If you see something needs to change, step up and make something happen instead of pointing out whats wrong. Try giving some suggestions on how to fix the wrongs, and improve on the other areas that need it.

(so we can shoot the ideas down & have fun with the suggestions) :P
My posse's on Broadway!
djester
Post Bagger!!

Postby Big Red » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:03 am

djester wrote:(See Perkerson Park thread)
That would be a course pushed by members of the ADGO, some are board members.

I agree that the ADGO could do more, but Keith already does a lot for golf in Georgia and for the most part, he is the ADGO.

One thing is : we all have jobs that take up most of our time and it is hard to work on other things at the end of the day.

If you see something needs to change, step up and make something happen instead of pointing out whats wrong. Try giving some suggestions on how to fix the wrongs, and improve on the other areas that need it.

(so we can shoot the ideas down & have fun with the suggestions) :P

Providing a suggestion is what I was attempting to do: more visable results for the hard work. Perkerson is a perfect example for what I'm talking about. When I think of Perkerson I think of Ritger and not the ADGO. It looks totally like a one man job. I think that's the question: how do projects like Perkerson become viewed as ADGO projects and not individual projects? I agree about Keith. Keith has done more for disc golf in Georgia than anyone by far and he does not get enough credit for it. I thanked him for everything he does at his last tournament at central and I think he thought I was mocking him. That's probably because of all the critism he gets, most of it undeserved.
Big Red
Champion Plastic

Postby Redan Randy » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:10 pm

You guys (Big Red and Richardhead) are two peas in a pod, to put it nicely. :lol: I think the ADGO is fine and coming along fine, especially because of Keith, i agree, but also a bunch of other guys as well. Much better then it used to be. Are you two even members?
Redan IS God's Country!!
Redan Randy
Star Plastic

Postby Big Red » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:30 pm

I am not but I have been planning to do so. It's not very expensive at all but money really is that tight.
Big Red
Champion Plastic

Postby richardhead » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:38 pm

Yes. Don't ask me why, because I don't know. Seems to me the only thing the ADGO does is host a club tournament at Redan. I refuse to play Redan. If the time comes that I'm asked to renew, I won't. I'll lose my posting rights for the ADGO members only thread, boo freakin hoo. It's been what, a year, since someone has posted on that portion of the board.

I do love you Retard Randy.
Jay Phillips
<EAT MY SKAT>
richardhead
Star Plastic

Postby keith johnson » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:00 pm

First of all - thanks to those of you with the kind words, but let me be the first to say that I am just a small part of the ADGO and what happens with Disc Golf in the area.

It is the ADGO Members and some of those that are also BOD members that keep things moving and growing in the area (although not fast enough for alot of folks)
Ritger's undying love of "theP", and the work he has done there have been augmented by ADGO members and the BOD in terms of NUMBERS - which cities and counties like to see - if it was ONLY Ritger personally and no NUMBERS to help out, the city wouldn't even give him the opportunity to use it on a temp basis.
Look at others around the area and things they have accomplished in just the short 3 & 3/4 years I have lived here.
Mike D with White Oak
Greg, Double D, and Lovgrove with Deerlick
The GDGO with Alexander and Lenora
The REEdan folks with REEdan
The RDGC with ERP
The Forsyth Club with Central
Andrew Jenkins and others with McCurry
Josh, Dan and all the gang at Moseley
WADE SELPH with EVERYWHERE!!!
All of the other courses going in around the state, some with ADGO sponsored baskets to help get them started.
ETC., ETC.

These are the ADGO Members who are making a difference and sometimes using the ADGO umbrella to help further their causes locally.

And to JAY Phillips - only ONE of the TWO annual FREE ADGO Events are at REEdan - the Fall/Winter Events have been at Sequoyah and Perkerson, and this years will be at Kelly Leggette's place!

Remember that being a part of the ADGO is much bigger than the use of the message board - it is helping to further (if only in number size to Government entities) the potential growth of the sport in this area.
Even if you just came out and ate the free food at both Events - and hung out without ever throwing a disc, you would still get way more value in food for your $10 renewal fee - and you could meet other people that share your passion for the sport.
There are lots of different folks that play this sport, from doctors and lawyers, to kids still in school.
What I continually am amazed by when I travel is the different backgrounds, job skills, and personalities I meet who all have the same underlying love of throwing a disc.

If you have read this far - Thanks for listening, and if you have any ideas for the ADGO, please let me or any other BOD member know.

Keith
Father of Future World Champion Lorelei Johnson #13697
keith johnson

Postby Redan Randy » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:10 pm

richardhead wrote:I do love you Retard Randy.
I knew there was a sweetheart somewhere under that thick crust of hatin'! There is a McFlurry in your future Mr. HEAD!! :wink:
Redan IS God's Country!!
Redan Randy
Star Plastic

Postby $Dollar$ » Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:31 am

I've heard they get around 60 players for dubs at riverview, but they are paying LESS than $5. If i draw odd man at Redan on a Tuesday with less than 10 people, i would make more than i would for winning dubs at riverview even if there are 90 people there
BAAAAKAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!
$Dollar$
Champion Plastic

Postby CorneliousVanderbildt » Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:57 am

Big Red wrote:Providing a suggestion is what I was attempting to do:

I don't think the community will ever run out of suggestions or ideas, soooo......

djester wrote:If you see something needs to change, step up and make something happen instead of pointing out whats wrong. Try giving some suggestions on how to fix the wrongs, and improve on the other areas that need it.
"Lame inside joke"
CorneliousVanderbildt
DX Plastic

Postby richardhead » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:00 am

$Dollar$ wrote:I've heard they get around 60 players for dubs at riverview, but they are paying LESS than $5. If i draw odd man at Redan on a Tuesday with less than 10 people, i would make more than i would for winning dubs at riverview even if there are 90 people there

So what you're saying is.........you love the cack?
Jay Phillips
<EAT MY SKAT>
richardhead
Star Plastic

Postby Redan Randy » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:33 pm

richardhead wrote:
$Dollar$ wrote:I've heard they get around 60 players for dubs at riverview, but they are paying LESS than $5. If i draw odd man at Redan on a Tuesday with Less than 10 people, i would make more than i would for winning dubs at riverview even if there are 90 people there

So what you're saying is.........you love the cack?
I think that was his subliminal point!
Redan IS God's Country!!
Redan Randy
Star Plastic

Postby Dusty » Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:03 pm

F N Hilarious!
Dusty Jones
PDGA# 23297
ADGO# 129
Dusty
DX Plastic

Postby the invisible tree » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:37 pm

$Dollar$ wrote:I've heard they get around 60 players for dubs at riverview, but they are paying LESS than $5. If i draw odd man at Redan on a Tuesday with less than 10 people, i would make more than i would for winning dubs at riverview even if there are 90 people there

60 is probably the high water mark for the year. It's closer to 30-40 on average but closer to 30 lately.
the invisible tree
Barney

Postby kade.erp » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:38 am

The day before the last tournament recently brought in 40. It was my first time playing. Sweet course indeed.
kade.erp
Pro Plastic

Return to Redan Park