2010 ADGO Board of Directors Meeting Minutes

ADGO Information & Announcements

Moderator: ADGO BOD

2010 ADGO Board of Directors Meeting Minutes

Postby Woodrow » Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:22 am

Atlanta Disc Golf Association (ADGO)
Board of Directors (BOD) Meeting Minutes
January 13, 2010

1)CALL TO ORDER: 6:35 PM
In attendance: Keith Johnson, Chris Quarles, John Ritger, Woody Blackwell, Gerrit Van Vranken, Jason Bradshaw

2)READING OF MINUTES
August 27, 2009 meeting minutes approved. Rewrite to be approved online.

3) OLD BUSINESS
A) August 27, 2009 meeting
Motion by Keith Johnson, 2nd by Chris Quarles
To certify the August 27, 2009 meeting even though a quorum was not met and to accept contents as approved.
Passed by majority vote.
- minutes were approved as stated above.

B) Voting Results
Results of December 2009 voting for officers was certified by the BOD as follows:
President: Keith Johnson
Secretary: Woody Blackwell
Course Liaison: Gerrit Van Vranken
Events Director: Jason Bradshaw

Results of December 2009 voting on Amendments to the Constitution was certified by the BOD as follows:
Approved:
Amendment I
This article of amendment shall consolidate the positions of Treasurer and of Membership/Public Relations Director along with the responsibilities of each as established by Article 6 to that of Treasurer/Membership Director and shall modify Article 5 of The Constitution to read as follows:

The management of the affairs of the club shall be vested in the ADGO Board of Directors (BOD) which shall consist of:

• President
• Vice-President
• Secretary
• Treasurer/Membership Director
• Communications Director
• Events Director
• Course Liaison Director

Explanation: Combining the Treasurer and Membership/Public Relations Director in to one position of Treasurer/Membership Director will ease accounting and coordination of membership dues and keep records of each in a consolidated form. The BOD has found that having each separate made accounting of each unnecessarily complicated. This also establishes the BOD as an odd number of positions and will minimize ties in voting on ADGO business.


Approved:
Amendment II
This article of amendment shall modify the requirement that there be a majority of at least 5 BOD members be present to have a quorum in order to conduct official ADGO business to instead require only a simple majority of BOD members be present or represented and shall modify Article 5 of The Constitution to read as follows:

In order to conduct official ADGO business, there shall be established a quorum of the majority of BOD members present or represented.

Explanation: Defining a quorum as a simple majority instead of five, allows the BOD to conduct business regardless of the number of BOD positions actually occupied and the addition of "or represented" allows for remote meetings on the internet or by conference call.


4) NEW BUSINESS
A) Website/Advertising
- Luke will be made the moderator of the Deer Ridge course forum.
- charges for advertising space with logo on the home page will be prorated per the $100/year rate.
- Chris will write up an advertising policy to be posted on the home page and will be responsible for tracking and managing the terms of and revenue from home page advertising space.
- the RDGC BOD forum and the AO forum will be eliminated from the discussion board.
- Woody will verify that all Forum Moderators are made aware of procedures.

Motion by Keith, 2nd by Ritger
Make forum threads page limits available with 50 posts/page default.
Passed by majority vote.

B) 2009 Financial Report
- revenues for 2009 were $2520
- expenses for 2009 were $2241
- end of year balance for 2009 is $1800.30

Motion by Keith, 2nd by Chris
To approve 2009 Financial Report with minor dates correction for posting to the Membership.
Passed by majority vote.

C) 2010 Spring Event
- Flyboy Aviation will host the event on April 9-11, 2010
- Friday the 9th will be reserved for Doubles play.
- Saturday the 10th will be Singles play, field events, banquet and membership meeting.
- Sunday the 11th will be for open play or as alternate for main events if weather delayed.
D) Perkerson Park Festival
- the Perkerson Park Festival committee has invited the ADGO to host Disc Golf clinics and demos and will have vendor spots available at the March 27, 2010 event. John Ritger will coordinate.
E) 2010 Bag Tag Challenge
- the ADGO will finance the Bag Tag Challenge to be run by David Walls again this year with the same financial agreement as in previous years.
F) Goals for 2010
- each BOD member to make a list and post to the BOD forum for discussion.
G) ADGO Structure
- discussion centered around getting more membership involvement by setting up a 'congress' of representatives from affiliate clubs in the Atlanta area within the ADGO 'umbrella'.
- Gerrit will survey established clubs and gauge support and define preliminary extent of ADGO Affiliate Courses.
- more discussion to follow.
H) ADGO Promotions
- tabled for on-line discussion.

5) OTHER BUSINESS
A) Tournament Sponsorship
- Jason recommended that the ADGO should advertise this benefit and pro-actively sponsor tournaments based on established protocol.
- sponsorships approved for the Gwinett County Open and the Perkerson Park Ice Bowl.
B) BOD Meeting Schedule
- BOD meetings will take place bi-monthly (January, March, May, July, September, November) and as required.
- meetings will also take place at each ADGO event and include a Q&A for the membership and a presentation of ideas and plans by the BOD.

Motion to Adjourn by Keith Johnson, 2nd by Chris Quarles
Passed by majority vote.
Adjournment at 8:52 PM
Woodrow
Moderator
 
Posts: 1648
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:56 pm
Location: Alpha Quadrant, MWG

Re: 2010 ADGO Board of Directors Meeting Minutes

Postby maximus » Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:17 pm

ADGO Board of Directors Meeting Minutes
March 23rd, 2010

1) CALL TO ORDER: 7:00 PM
In attendance: The entire BOD except Woody

2) Treasurer's Report:
John reports new balance of $1683.80

3) Memberships Manager Report:
John reports that we have ~ 300 total members with ~70-75 current for 2010 as of this date.

4) Communications Director Report:
Removed Chris Anderson and added Luke McFarland to Moderator for the Deer Ridge thread.

5) NEW BUSINESS
A)
Action item for Chris to work up wording for advertisers who are interested in advertising on home page.

B)
Discussion of alternating courses for the ADGO members Events to help raise monies for the course.

C)
Jason discussed details of upcoming ADGO Spring Event
1 - Slideshow of ADGO information for members
2 - Kelly covering cost of Port-o-jon
3 - Field Events of MTA, Putting and Long Drive
4 - Bradshaw will handle getting members to cook for ADGO Event
5 - Bradshaw will E-mail "helper" group from ADGO member signups to hopefully find help with Event
6 - Cards with pens/pencils will be placed at tables for members to write down questions to be answered at end of day at "Open Meeting" before awards.

6) OTHER BUSINESS

Other items to be disccussed in 2 weeks at Member Event

Motion to Adjourn by Keith Johnson, 2nd by Chris Quarles
Passed by unanimous vote.
Adjournment at 8:32PM
Chris Quarles 34486

IT DOESN'T MATTER HOW FAR IT MIGHT GO PAST THE BASKET, IF IT GOES IN.
maximus
Moderator
 
Posts: 336
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 6:12 pm
Location: all over the place

Re: 2010 ADGO Board of Directors Meeting Minutes

Postby keith johnson » Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:47 pm

ADGO Board of Directors Meeting Minutes
July 20th, 2010

1) CALL TO ORDER: 6:52 PM
In attendance: Keith Johnson, Chris Quarles, John Ritger, Jason Bradshaw, and Barry Arnson

2) Treasurer's Report:
John reports new balance of $2022 with expenditures of $928 to Innova and $295 to cover food and charcoal for Spring ADGO member Event at FlyBoy.
Revenues of $353 from Solstice for new/renewing members, along with $894 which was collected at FlyBoy from signups and disc sales.

3) Memberships Manager Report:
John reports that we have 341 total members with 110 current for 2010 as of this date.

4) OLD BUSINESS
ADGO Spring Event report from John Ritger.
Approximately 30 new members joined at Event, disc sales made a small profit for the club, and monies collected were more than monies spent.

5) NEW BUSINESS
A)
Motion by Keith, 2nd by Ritger
To separate Courses into ADGO area and Regional courses sections on website with ADGO area courses Visible, and Regional courses under header to be visible when clicked on.
Passed by unanimous vote.
(ADGO area courses being Alexander, Central, Deer Lick, East Roswell, JP Moseley, Lenora, McCurry, Oregon, Perkerson, Redan, Sequoyah, White Oak and Wills)
(all other courses would be in Regional section)

B)
Motion by Keith, 2nd by Chris
To add TD Resources, Trading Post and Technique Questions tabs to HOME page on website with links to appropriate areas.
Passed by unanimous vote.

C)
Motion by Barry, 2nd by Ritger
To have a total website redesign to update by an outside web designer not to exceed $300 and to finish job within 60 days of start time.
Passed by unanimous vote.

D)
Motion by Keith, 2nd by Ritger
To have John Ritger (Memberships Manager) send all current ADGO Member E-mail addresses to Jon Plotky for cross-checking members with screen names used on website in ADGO Members only section.
Passed by unanimous vote.

E)
Motion by Ritger, 2nd by Keith
To "prune" threads at 12 months from last post to help with website speed and storage capabilities EXCEPT for ADGO BOD and Event thread sections
Passed by unanimous vote.

6) OTHER BUSINESS
A) Member Item
Discussion was held on item to replace "bag tag for ADGO New members - with Barry suggesting Bottle openers possibly engraved with ADGO - he will check into pricing (trying to find decent items around 2-3 dollar range)

B) BOD Meeting Schedule
Meeting are scheduled for 2nd Monday's for now.
Next meeting is scheduled for August 9th at Sidelines in Marietta at 6:30ish PM with "Public meeting published time" of 7:30 PM.

C) ADGO promotions
1) John will look into pricing of Bumper Stickers and Business cards with ADGO logo and website address to use in promoting the ADGO.
2) ADGO BOD discussed ways to E-mail blast members and/or help support area Event's such as Women's, Junior and "grass roots" type Events to have ADGO presence at those Events for show of support and to pass along info about the ADGO to players who might not otherwise know of the ADGO existence.

D)Website member signup change
Discussion was held on the upcoming loss of Solstice for online Member signups, with Keith suggesting using the improved Discgolfsignup.com for $1.00 per member.
Keith was to mock up the page which is quickly changable to have for BOD members to tweak if needed so that it is ready to "go live" in August when Solstice goes dark.
John was going to get pricing for Paypal tranactions to possibly use with a Google docs setup if BOD wanted something different.

E) ATL area Disc Golf history since ADGO reforming in 2006/2007
Keith was tasked with putting together in spare time a timeline of Courses, Event #'s (sanctioned and non-sanctioned), member growth, etc.

Motion to Adjourn by Keith Johnson, 2nd by Chris Quarles
Passed by unanimous vote.
Adjournment at 10:29 PM (from 7:29 PM - 8:09 PM was a break to eat dinner cooked by Bradshaw)
Father of Future World Champion Lorelei Johnson #13697
keith johnson
Moderator
 
Posts: 4898
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:58 am
Location: in georgia


Return to ADGO Announcements

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron