Atlanta Disc Golf Association (ADGO)
Board of Directors (BOD) Meeting Minutes
March 12, 2009
1)CALL TO ORDER: 8:10PM
In attendance: Keith Johnson, Jay Voss, John Ritger, Woody Blackwell, Jason Makarovich, Barry Arnson
Guest: Jon Plotky(Web Master)
2)READING OF MINUTES
November 19, 2008 Minutes previously accepted on-line. No further amendments.
A) New Officers
- The BOD recognized new officers Barry Arnson as the Communications Director, Donnie Reece as the Membership Director and Jason Makarovich as the Course Liaison Director.
- Jon Plotky is the new Web Master with assistance from Wes Matthews.
- Barry Arnson will contact David Centofanti who has expressed an interest in assisting with Web Master duties.
- Jon will add a link to local course photos on the ADGO Home Page.
- The BOD contact information on line will be updated.
C) Bag-Tag Challenge
- David Walls will continue to run the Bag-tag challenge for 2009.
- The ADGO paid $238 for 100 tags, 50% of sales will go to payout, 50% will go to the ADGO.
- Profit from the 2008 challenge was $90.
D) ADGO Identification Tags
- Jay ordered 50 new tags, still waiting on last order of personalized tags.
- John Ritger will supply Jay with a current membership list for tag assignments.
- Current membership now stands at 262 including 13 new since last event.
E) Adopt-a-hole Program
- Program has been completed and introduced to Roswell Parks via Jason Bradshaw but with no response to date.
F) BOD Meetings
- Email coordination seems to work as planned, Keith will follow up by phone.
G) PDGA/ADGO Membership Renewals
- Still only 20% of ADGO members are using the PDGA Affiliate Club Program for renewals.
- The ADGO received $100 credit from the PDGA store for most improved membership renewals. Credit will be used to purchase PDGA rule books for distribution as prizes at ADGO events.
H) ADGO Discs
- New ADGO discs have arrived. 30 Rocs and 20 Aviars.
- Shirts will no longer be offered for membership registration.
4) NEW BUSINESS
A) Treasurer Report
- Current balance is $655.97.
- $313 was paid for 50 Atlanta Open CFRs, Expecting $190 profit.
- $238 was paid for 100 Bag-Tag Challenge discs.
- Budget Report is in progress.
- Barry will check exit links for traffic and survey other sites and vendors for typical ad rates.
- Jon Plotky will be given Administrator status.
- Imran will be removed as Moderator except for ERP and RDGC forums.
- The word censor function will be terminated. Woody will compose an announcement.
- Barry will provide Moderators with procedures.
- Woody will clean up the Announcements forum and compose a global post of Board Policy.
C) ADGO Spring Event
- April 19th has been selected as the date for the ADGO Spring Event.
- White Oak or Redan will be the location.
- Ritger will talk to Kelley Legett about using his course.
5) OTHER ITEMS
A) ADGO Swag
- Keith will investigate and report prices for different types of mini-discs.
- Jay will investigate and report prices for bumper stickers.
MOTION to Adjourn by Woody, 2nd by Keith.
PASSED by majority vote
Adjournment at 9:37PM